Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was finally able to get the Trunk Drawer, which is only available internationally. It cost about $100, I had family bring it over for me.
The installation would have been pretty easy, except the instructions the gave were useless- see installation diagrams below. It came with 3 brackets, 1 piece rail for the drawer, and of course the drawer. It is pretty good quality as the rails and bracket are metal, the drawer is plastic. Took me 2 hours to install, 1st hour was to figure out where the brackets went, once that was sorted, it was pretty easy. I have included pictures of the installation, hopefully it can be of use to someone.

Two brackets used existing holes already on the car. The third bracket did not have the proper hole, I had to figure out what to do with the third bracket, I ended up the hole pictured in the upper left- which I had to make bigger

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I then installed the third bracket and installed the rail. With the rail installed, I was able to mark out where to drill a hole for the third bracket.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Which country did your family bring it from and what language are the instructions printed? Is it a Honda or an aftermarket item? What are you going to put in the drawer? I assume you installed it in a Sedan. I doubt it would fit inside a coupe because the coupe is only available in North America.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
can u order me one too
I probably could,

But it would probably cost you $200 bucks shipped.
Not sure its worth it.

Which country did your family bring it from and what language are the instructions printed? Is it a Honda or an aftermarket item? What are you going to put in the drawer? I assume you installed it in a Sedan. I doubt it would fit inside a coupe because the coupe is only available in North America.
I got the drawer from Indonesia.
The drawer is a genuine honda accesory, it was made in thailand.
I put small things i use for work.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
$200 no problem . it better than having stuff rolling around in da trunk
Then your stuff will be rolling around in the drawer. :yes:

Reactions: Personatech

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
If it is made from plastic, then it is a rattlebox...

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
You put cha' weed in it, man!

Jay

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I got the drawer from Indonesia.
The drawer is a genuine honda accesory, it was made in thailand.
I put small things i use for work.
Then your stuff will be rolling around in the drawer. :yes:
If it is made from plastic, then it is a rattlebox...
true but i would only put small fishing stuff in there. maybe some rubber mats would stop the rattle if it does rattle
OP, is there a problem with rattling or objects rolling around?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Could you post a picture of the installed tray from a little bit further back?

It's hard to tell how wide that thing is relative to the rest of the trunk. Is it the full width? Half?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OP, is there a problem with rattling or objects rolling around?
Haven't driven it since installation, let me get back to you. Im pretty sure it depends what you put in it. Im sure small metal objects would rattle. I will put some coins in to see if it rattles.

Could you post a picture of the installed tray from a little bit further back?

It's hard to tell how wide that thing is relative to the rest of the trunk. Is it the full width? Half?

Its half the width. measurements are 14"W x 12"D x 4.5H-plastic drawer (internal storage height is about 5"- bottom of the rail to bottom of drawer)
I think you can actually install two drawers side by side, the rear seat recline pull knob on the passenger side seems to be out of the way. I did not actually try to install on the passenger side trunk, but it looks like it should work. Then you would not have any room to transport bigger items in the trunk, but then again you can always pull out the drawer off the rails, which was pretty hard to do. it's locked on pretty well.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts