Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've recently gotten rid of my spare tire that was stored in my trunk but now the piece covering it has begun to sag. Is there anything that I can do to stop that? My wheels are a bit too wide to store a spare in there and I've looked at the trunk liner but I'm afraid that it'll still sag. Do you guys have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

·
Blow The Carbon Out
190 Posts
Either make that cover out of something stiffer and stronger, or use a piece of wood or something to hold it up from the center

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
Putting the spare back in there is an easy option as well?
Lol, jerk :p

I think there's still a gap that's maybe an inch or two, even with the tire and jack inside. I could be wrong though. Haven't exactly "tested" this. Just thinking out loud (sic: through text)

OP look into kev's suggestion, making the cover out of a stiffer material or having something hold it up, like some shirts or towels something. Pillows. Empty cereal boxes. Lmao idunno.

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
Is this for weight savings? Do you have run flats now? I don't understand the lack of a spare tire..

·
Registered
298 Posts
Is this for weight savings? Do you have run flats now? I don't understand the lack of a spare tire..
I'm curious to know this as well. I have had the worst luck with tires on my accord and have had to use the spare like four times so far...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Either make that cover out of something stiffer and stronger, or use a piece of wood or something to hold it up from the center
Thanks for the suggestion. Going to look at some lumber at lowes tomorrow!

Putting the spare back in there is an easy option as well?
The spare that came with my car from the stealership didn't even go to my car. AAA said since it didn't sit flush with the hub it was unsafe so I donated it to someone who needed it and could actually use it. :angel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts