Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
S mode
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trunk light always on, even if the trunk is closed...is this by design? I check my brother 2012 accord and it turn off once trunk is closed, but mine stay on.

Because it can't just being doing this out of nowhere.

I found this out while I was changing out rear speakers.

Can you check if your 9th trunk light is on even if it's closed? You just need to pull the back seat down and look thru there.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Trunk light always on, even if the trunk is closed...is this by design? Can you a kind member check this out if your 9th gen trunk light is always on????

Thanks.
How did you discover this fact? Maybe it stays on while the lights are on so that if a person were accidentally locked in the trunk they could find the emergency trunk release.

·
S mode
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I still couldn't figure out why it's on if trunk is closed. No on dash warning light or anything!!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
mine doesnt stay on. it even turns off by itself if the truck has been open too long.

·
S mode
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! Then something is wrong with my trunk light module. I disconnect it so it won't drain battery.

One thing I notice, if I just disconnect the light, my car alarm won't "beep" when I press the lock button twice. But when I disconnect the whole trunk module that control that trunk light and unlocking car using keyfob remotely, my car alarm "beeP" again when I press the lock button twice.

So something is wrong here, that trunk module keeps thinking my trunk is open even when it's closed so it can't arm properly and light is always on.

mine doesnt stay on. it even turns off by itself if the truck has been open too long.

·
S mode
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@dealer now...the Trunk warning message finally show up in the in-dash console.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
These Honda system engineers (human factor guys) think of everything.
I imagine that having the emergency trunk release glow in the dark is a DOT requirement.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Why don't you enclosed yourself inside the trunk and see the glowing emergency trunk release for yourself. Have a cell phone in case it does not open.
Post of the day!!! Good one.

·
Honda Nation
1,678 Posts
what does this emergency trunk release look like?
It's a federal safety requirement that every car sold in North America since I think 2004 has required a glow in the dark emergency trunk release pull tab. Every car. That's been sort of old news that I thought everyone knew by now. Sort of like dual front airbags being a federally mandated safety requirement on all North American cars since 1996.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts