Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Thinking the same thing for my 2017, from all that I have read the WeatherTech seems to be better quality, also looking for a cheaper solution - Husky ?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have the factory trunk mat. It’s thicker, softer, and more flexible than the Weather Tech liners I’ve had in the past. It’s the same material as the OEM rubber floor mats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
119 Posts
I have the Honda trunk liner and WeatherTech floor mats. I think the Honda trunk liner uses a slightly better material than the WeatherTech floor mats, but the floor mats are still pretty nice and fit my Accord very well. I assume that quality extends to their trunk mat too. If the cost difference isn't that much then I would go with the Honda. If the WeatherTech is half the price then I'd go with the WeatherTech. BTW my Honda trunk mat has held up well for nearly nine years. I just got the WeatherTech floor mats a month or so ago, so it's too early to say how well they'll hold up.

·
Rollin in FL
1,106 Posts
I don't have Honda trunk mat, but still debating on it to get an Acura trunk mat or weather tech one, as we have the weather tech for both the MDX and Rogue, and those do hold up pretty well. But, I'd advise you to shop around to get the best price.

·
2020 best year
4,112 Posts
I have used a WeatherTech on my 8th Gen. I really like it. It's especially great if you change your own oil and have to transport it to a lube place to dispose of it.

I don't think it really matters who you go with, as anything is better than the cardboard carpet. I would have grabbed a WeatherTech one for my RX-8, but WeatherTech doesn't make one specifically for the RX-8, so I just grabbed a Mazda OEM one. It has an RX-8 logo, which is cool, but it's also a bit softer and spongy compared to WeatherTech. Not sure about the Honda ones.

Sent via MHA-L29. Whatever.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Agreed with the last 2 posts. Either will work well. I’d go with the cheaper and/or most accessible (ie special order vs in stock) option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
Would you advise getting a trunk rubber mat from Honda or from WeatherTech (2018 Accord)?
Thanks,
Tim
Tim, I noticed you recently joined the board. If you have not bought your Accord yet, ask your salesman and/or the sales manager to throw the Honda trunk rubber mat for free. If it sucks you can always buy the WeatherTech later on and sell the Honda mat on Craigslist.

When I bought my CR-V last December, that is exactly what I asked for, and my salesman threw it in for free along with the complimentary floor mats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts