Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had my trunk release latch in lock position for as long as i can i remember on my 2005. I think the battery just died in my fob. I cant use it on my trunk. I unlocked the latch but nothing happens when i pull it. I managed to get the key in backseat release with great difficulty and only release the passenger side back seat where i pulled out the stuff i need for work like my back pack and vest and little wire which i think controls the backseat lock before accidentally pushing the seat back up. I dont know if its possible now because the first one wont come down, but how do i get all the backseats down so the trunk is bigger? and any suggestions on how to get into my trunk without a fob and stuck latch? i know very little about cars.

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
and any suggestions on how to get into my trunk without a fob and stuck latch? i know very little about cars.
And you call yourself MacGyver? Time to hire a midget from the circus. It will be cheaper than the dealership. :grin

Just giving you a hard time. Why don't you replace the battery in the key fob?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im just a huge fan of the show. Obviously because he does stuff i cant. yeah changing the battery occurred to me but im not sure when im going to have time to drive to a dealership(oops didnt notice video link before posting.) I could go to a local shop for the latch but i was hoping there might be a quick fix.

and for the record my fob is completely falling apart. i macgyvered it back together with an elastic band so i'll have no trouble getting inside. The guy doesn't mention what type of battery it is though.

And the wire i think i grabbed was just for the back seat pulldown lock. I have no idea why the pullup latch wont work.

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
Yep, quick fix is to get a $6 battery from Walmart. No need for dealership. Once you're in the trunk, resolve all the lockout issues for future incidents.

and for the record my fob is completely falling apart. i macgyvered it back together with an elastic band so i'll have no trouble getting inside. The guy doesn't mention what type of battery it is though.
The type of battery is stamped on the back of the dead battery you'll be removing.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Reactions: qman

·
HK Moderator
14,092 Posts
Did you MacGuyver it?....

.....or did you MacGruber it?

YOU DECIDE!

Reactions: qman
1 - 7 of 7 Posts