Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Accord VP.

I believe (no I know) the trunk release/gas door release has actually broken. However, it's of course the weekend, it's snowing and this is the car that has snow tires on it...

So any hints about how to 1) get the gas door open (I have read about inserting a cloth covered screwdriver in the right side of the door). I very gingerly tried that but it wouldn't open and I didn't want to put too much pressure on it in case I broke anything else and 2) how to get the trunk to stay closed.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Jennifer

·
mobiless2
1,696 Posts
Pull the cover at the gas/trunk release and disconnect cable. Sounds like handle is bound.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry - what do you mean by "bound"? Do you mean the release? Because I've already removed the cover and I know the cable has broken - I've got the metal connector by my side as I type :( (the bit that connects the wire to the mechanism - a t shaped thing about an inch and half long).

I've managed to open the fuel door by peeling away the inside liner on the trunk and getting to the release that way.

Now I'm just stuck trying to get the trunk to close. It would appear that the mechanism has jammed in the open position - when I press the key fob it tries to move, but does not, and the manual trunk release is also jammed (apparently in the open position).

Does anyone know where I can see a really detailed diagram of what is actually supposed to happen to the lock when it opens and closes? I'm unwilling to start trying to force it case I break said lock and have to have that replaced as well, but if it needs a quick tap with a mallet in a specific place... My feeling is that it just jammed (I've tried to move the actual cable and it doesn't budge).

Any suggestions?

And many thanks for your help. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK - update. I finally decided to actually remove the lock. When I did that I was able to remove the actuator cable and the lock immediately released itself - so the cable must be locked into position somewhere. Put the lock back on and now it opens with the keyfob (and more importantly, closes).

Thanks for your help.

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
I've managed to open the fuel door by peeling away the inside liner on the trunk and getting to the release that way.
Smart! Did not think of that.

Glad it worked out. The cable can be stuck in open/closed position and can make the lock do that as well.

Even though it was the cable, and not the lock, it would be a good time to lube the lock and gas release door with some grease.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK - update. I finally decided to actually remove the lock. When I did that I was able to remove the actuator cable and the lock immediately released itself - so the cable must be locked into position somewhere. Put the lock back on and now it opens with the keyfob (and more importantly, closes).

Thanks for your help.
so this just happened to what lock did you remove, the one on the truck itself/ the latch or the lock on the driver side floor ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just in case you weren't aware, this is a 7 year-old thread, and the person you're asking the question of hasn't been on the board in over 5 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts