Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Honda Accord Touring
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today returning from grocery I was able to open and put my groceries in the trunk as regular. When I reached home turned off the car got out the key fob was on me, tried to open trunk with trunk button it won't open just flashes light and makes sound but won't open... Same with key fob won't open... Same with door side button won't open... The glove box button is set right. The only way I was able to open is manually with the key from back seat access. Still have the issue. Any clue why this is happening? Did this happen to anyone else?

·
HK Moderator
13,608 Posts
Any clue why this is happening? Did this happen to anyone else?

You never bothered to thank anyone nor say what worked in your other thread about warning lights when the temperature falls below freezing.

That will not help the next guy with a problem- if you don't come back and thank anyone nor say what worked/did not work to solve your problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You never bothered to thank anyone nor say what worked in your other thread about warning lights when the temperature falls below freezing.

That will not help the next guy with a problem- if you don't come back and thank anyone nor say what worked/did not work to solve your problem.
HI Rick,

Thank you for pointing out that post and my apologies I completely forgot about it as the problem never came back and also was not able to find my previous post..

Thanks.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Your car should be under warranty. Take it to your dealer and have them fix it. My Sister had a similar issue with her new Subaru. The dealership replaced the latch mechanism, or something associated with it. Problem solved.

- Jack

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your car should be under warranty. Take it to your dealer and have them fix it. My Sister had a similar issue with her new Subaru. The dealership replaced the latch mechanism, or something associated with it. Problem solved.

- Jack
Thanks Jackpine. Yes going to take to the dealer. There are even more problems I found out. The back camera is not coming up. The turn signals are also not working. A lot of things are now failing. Not sure if its the software or some connector issue. I will update what the dealer says or does.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Check that the battery cable terminals are tight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took the car to the dealer from where I bought it. They said the problem is very unusual and might be due to wire harness or some other defect. They said they need to do in depth diagnostic. Gave me 2019 Accord EXL 2.0T as loner until they figure out the cause.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[Update] Got the car back from the dealer. They were not able to diagnose any solid problem. They said it might be because of some voltage issue from the battery. But didn't offer to change battery. Said clearing the code fixed it. Also said if this happens again they might have to take a look at the computer (PCM?) and may have to change it.

There was no physical or any other problem, just clearing the codes resolved all the problems in the car.

·
Registered
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T 6 Sp Manual
15 Posts
[Update] Got the car back from the dealer. They were not able to diagnose any solid problem. They said it might be because of some voltage issue from the battery. But didn't offer to change battery. Said clearing the code fixed it. Also said if this happens again they might have to take a look at the computer (PCM?) and may have to change it.

There was no physical or any other problem, just clearing the codes resolved all the problems in the car.
Disconcerting, but at least if it happens again, it is on record that you had problem once.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts