Votes: 55 59.1%
  • I like it, but wouldn't do it to my car

Votes: 19 20.4%
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I like it, but it was pretty easy to put together... Edit: It's not really for function at all, the LED's only throw about 12" of light :) -- it's just an aesthetic thing.

How the look off - they're actually not that noticeable if they're off/in the daylight:

The pics make them look really blue, but they're only very slightly blueish, mostly white. Similar in color to my CCFL ring, but not quite as pure white.

So, it's kinda an experiment, installed "Semi-permanently" for easy removal if I decide they're too ricey or whatever...

Feedback good or bad welcome :)

Update:
Version 2.0:

·
I snapped my G string....
2,416 Posts
Looks different but sick. Do it......

·
TL A-Specs RUBY------CURB
704 Posts
King, it looks good, I would say do it. Keep it on for a while see what response you get. definately not rice!

·
Bruce Wayne
52 Posts
looking good its not rice

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the positive comments! I'll rock them for a while and see what kinda feedback I get as time goes on :)

Now I gotta clean them up for more long-term presentation.

I want all that garage space!!!!

As I told you, looks good Chris...glad I could supply the free parts :)
I'm glad you could supply them too, lol. Thanks to paperboy for my fail-out garnishes too ;)
You, you're right, most people like them ;)

Yes, my garage kicks a**. It needs to be air conditioned though -- damn ATL heat and humidity! Makes me slightly consider that job in Vegas. Slightly.

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
‎']['{[]}{[]}][_
418 Posts
I think it looks cool. :thmsup: Besides, the newer Mercedes come with LED lights strips in the fog location so I don't think it looks rice.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I like this mod! Its def not rice, and I like that its not trying to be another car. Props for thinking of something different that is cool and not ricey, I think it looks freaking awesome.

PS your dual retrofit lights look great!

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@ikethegreat
It's not that I completely 'care' what people think. I will do whatever I want if I really like something. Moreso that I can't decide if I like it 100% or not. I guess it's probably because I haven't seen it done like this on the Accord that makes it kinda iffy in my mind. After i've looked at them for a while, I'm sure I'll make my mind up. A little input from the peanut gallery helps too :nuts:.

-----

I like it on the new Benz/Porsches, and just don't personally like the Audi headlights, even on the Audi - so I wanted to adapt something different as far as LED strips. Thinking about lots of different ways to accomplish it for the last several months, and these strips landed in my lap, and just screamed what needed to be done.

The strips are the old style that TRS used to sell. They've since switched to another model. I'm gonna look around and try to find them @ another vendor. Matt told me that these are the "White" version -- They're only very very very slightly blue. I have the same phenomena with the LED's in my license plate, ordered white, but they have a slight blue hue. I guess in the event that I get pulled over I can just yank 2 wires and make them go out pretty quick. I really want to wire both the LED strips and my CCFL halos to something that's always on with the car, instead of the parking lights, and then individually switch them. I kinda su*k @ that kinda thing, so if anyone has suggestions about how to wire that up, I'm interested in hearings.

Thanks to everyone else too for the great feedback!

·
Stayin Classy...
517 Posts
Veeerrrrr niiccccc......I liiikkkkkkeeee!

Do you mind if I copy?

Did you just run some super bright LED bulbs in series and wire them all custom in the back? then tie them into your stock fog connections?
I bet you could make these for pretty cheap, add a stock connector to them and sell them on here. Think about it....I could be your manager! Woot woot lol

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Veeerrrrr niiccccc......I liiikkkkkkeeee!

Do you mind if I copy?

Did you just run some super bright LED bulbs in series and wire them all custom in the back? then tie them into your stock fog connections?
I bet you could make these for pretty cheap, add a stock connector to them and sell them on here. Think about it....I could be your manager! Woot woot lol
Copy away buddy. You have my blessing, lol.

I'm looking to see if I can find the same LED strip I used, it was a discontinued part from The RetroFit source.

While we're on the subject of making a harness, anyone know what the connector M/F part #'s are that connect to the back of the turn signal bulb? I've been wanting to make a little harness to go in between the bulb and the OEM harness for a while for tapping things into the parking/turn signal lights, but can't find that part #. Napa has a lot of those kinda things, but they're not sorted/searchable very well on their site.

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If I can find a suitable LED strip (I don't know nothing about makin' no fancy LED arrays by hand), I can definitely do these for folks on the forums if desired. These from TRS are all nice and waterproof already.

·
Stayin Classy...
517 Posts
I know this site has a supporter that sells LED's but I usually go to VARAD.com. They have some nice stuff. Otherwise just check out radio shack or any electronics store. Find the brightest LED you can find with the highester lumen output. String them in series to equal 12V. solder and heat shrink all the connections, then add ****ing to waterproof it all.

A prebuilt array might work well too if you can find one cheap enough. These days its almost cheaper to buy it built then to build it yourself.

I dont know if I would want it on my blinkers, running lights, or fogs???
I might connect them to the fog lights so they have their own seperate power from the other lights and their own switch too. Gives you more flexability to adjust the look you want in the front. You could also grab the power and ground from the fog area and then put them on an automotive relay which connected to the blinkers. That way they would be on all the time normally but when the blinkers blinked, the LED's would turn off and on as well.

So many ideas to think about....you just gave me dreams for the next week thanks!

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yup, relays and whatnot - I'm lost :) -- I'll need you to educate me or something.

I have them tapped to the parking light power now, and just grounded to the chassis. I'd ultimately like the on whenever the car is on, but on an individual switch (OEM Foglight switch?).

Unless you did them with switchback white/amber, I don't think I'd like them blinking.

And I'd have NFC how to hook them to the DRL, especially since DRL turns off with the lows, I'd want them always on.

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They're definitely daylight bright

They're very very subtle in the daytime though, because they're small.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts