Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a couple questions regarding the TSB, and after a quick search couldnt find exactly what I was looking for.

My Accord Sport is going to Gillman Honda here in Houston tomorrow. I am NOT within the vin range listed in the TSB and this is what one of the service managers emailed me:

"I spoke to my Shop foreman and Honda does not allow us to perform suggested Bulletin repairs on vin numbers that fall outside of that particular range. Now, with that being said our first step will be to duplicate the concern while our computer is plugged into your Accord’s ECU, so that we can take a snap shot if the concern occurs. From there we will send the information to Honda’s technical hotline for further instructions."

Now to my concern. My Accord is not so much having the issue with hesitation and juddering when accelerating, but rather when coming to a stop. It's relatively smooth when taking off, but when coming to a stop, it's embarrassing how rough and jerky it is. Is this symptom something that falls under this TSB? Or a completely different issue? For those of you who have had the update, were you experiencing the jerkiness when stopping also, and did the update correct the issue?

Have an appt tomorrow morning at 9am. Will keep ya'll updated about what they say. Any insight would be appreciated before heading there in the morning. Thanks in advance!

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,338 Posts
If this is happening when cold I would suggest you drop the car off tonight and meet them in the morning to reporoduce the issue. If not, good luck and I hope they find it.

Jay

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It happens all the time regardless of temp. So hoping my car will "perform" tomorrow and not decide to be shy lol

I have a scheduled ride/drive along with the shop foreman so I can explain whats going on as he or I drives the car.

·
Stayin Classy...
516 Posts
Well just off the top of my head, when a car jerks on acceleration I might tend to believe its something to do with the combustion part of the engine. Otherwise maybe the clutch if its slipping.

If you have jerky feeling when you decel, I would tend to think its more of the braking system. If you can tell its definitely from the engine, maybe its bad vacuum lines or sensors telling confusing the car when it goes to slow down.

I would need more detailed information to diagnose much further.

·
Dual exhaust I4 EX sedan
241 Posts
Mine happened regardless of the temp as well. Also, mine juddered badly coming to a stop as well.....taking off not so much but noticeable. I suggest you do the ride along with the tech like I did so you can ask him, "did you feel that". Mine was in the vin range but I hope they do what's right for your situation....good luck :paranoid:
The updated valve body makes a huge difference ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just throwing it out there - mine shudders when coming to a stop as well. Of course, this was before everything died tonight, but yea. I have experienced this as well, and it does it consistently. Dealership said it wasn't a problem. I beg to differ.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've had TSB 13-053 performed on my EX-L 4cyl and I can still notice a judder when coming to a stop. The TSB doesn't specify it resolves judder when decelerating, only accelerating, so my dealership almost wasn't about to perform the TSB but since I had made the claim that it judders while accelerating as well, they went ahead and performed the TSB. Make sure when you call for an appointment you specify experiencing judder while accelerating.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
I stabbed the gas pedal from about 20 mph tonight and it jumped some. My VIN also falls outside the range. I'm hoping they can reproduce it at my first oil change, along with a dash and sunroof sunshade rattle.

Honda won't do the TSB on the car unless they can duplicate an issue if the VIN is outside the range, because the warranty dept. won't pay for the parts and labor without a reason to.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.