Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone had this taken care of recently? I had one side done in 2019 and now the other is out since the summer but haven't felt like dealing with it. Part of me wants to wait til the new one goes out again and get both units replaced simultaneously.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Anyone had this taken care of recently? I had one side done in 2019 and now the other is out since the summer but haven't felt like dealing with it. Part of me wants to wait til the new one goes out again and get both units replaced simultaneously.
I haven't had it done because my car doesn't have the issue. However. You will most likely be out of the extended warranty period if you wait till the new one has issues. IIRC it's an updated light assembly so it's less likely to have issues.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Welp! My passenger side DRL went out again. Originally replaced both headlights by dealer in 2019 around 40k miles. Driver side is fine at the moment. Just called dealer to see if unit could be replaced again or if issue could only be addressed once. I was told only once. May call another dealer to verify. If not, I may just go aftermarket…maybe some Touring lights with adapters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Had my driver's side LED strip DRL go out this past week at 45K. Took to dealer, they ordered parts Monday, came in Thursday. Got it swapped out with new one under warranty. They didn't mess up too much taking the bumper off and back on. Upon inspection it was missing a clip underneath (lucky I have some spares at the house), one fender wheel screw stripped out, and one decent scratch on the bumper that wasn't there before. We will see how long now until the passenger's side fails.

Reactions: Steve16Accord

·
Registered
130 Posts
For what it’s worth, I was able to get my passenger side HL replaced last Friday by a local dealer with zero issue, despite thinking they wouldn’t replace since both HLs were replaced back in 2018. Fortunately, they did a great job from I can tell. No damage. I asked if they could, or had planned to, replace the driver side unit thinking they would just replace both and call it a day, but they said they could only replace the passenger side since it was the one with the issue. I get it, but sure wish they could’ve replaced both at once. The advisor said just to bring the car back once the driver side fails and they’ll replace it then. I had forgotten how much brighter, and bluer, a brand new HL and DRL looked. My driver side is faded a bit. The DRL on the driver side has lost its bluish tint and has more of a “white/yellow” look, so it appears a little off compared to the new passenger side HL. Oh well. Maybe this means the driver side is about on its way out too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
So my passenger's side LED strip DRL went out last week at 46K. Went to dealer again, they verified it was out and ordered new headlight. Two days later had it put in. Took waiting 3 hours at dealership since they were crazy short on techs, but at least this time they seemed to do a good job with putting the bumper back on with all the clips and no new scratches. I really hope they changed the design with the new ones so this doesn't keep happening. But you can't complain about getting new headlights on a 5 year old car for free.

101 - 111 of 111 Posts