Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I am looking to get new Michelin tires for my car, I thought I would look at getting wheels as well. Didn't want to spend too much on the wheels, I am considering going with TSW. I have the stock 17" wheels for my 2008 EX-L Sedan (White Diamond Pearl) so looking to get 17 instead of going bigger. The wheels that impressed me the most are the Donington in Gunmetal (http://www.tsw.com/alloy_wheels_donington.php). I saw them on my car on TSW's website, but how would they look in real life?

I currently don't have my car lowered but planning on doing that in the near future... planning on going with Tein Street Advance and lowering it no more than 1.75".

·
Registered
199 Posts
I think larger wheels make a bigger impact than lowering does.

It's really up to you.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Keep an eye out for a nice set of used 18" OEM wheels. If you look hard enough there is always a nice set to be found. Don't worry too much about condition, just get them refinished and you will still come out cheaper than buying a brand new set.

IMO you cant really be "impressed" with 17" wheels no matter what they are.

Lowering on a set of 18" OEM's will look nice, I am planning on the HFP suspension in the spring myself. :thmsup:

·
Registered
107 Posts
This is the exact car I just bought (see post I'm about to make as intro), and I just ordered 18's. If you were staying with 17's for cost reasons, there are lots of very sharp looking 18's for short money out there. I'm an old fart (46) so I wanted to be a little conservative with the appearance, and went with Inovit Sonic in 18x8, for $599 shipped. Actually bought them at my local Discount Tire, as they will get any wheel and match the price, even including tax.

Just my $.02. Post up pics when you do it!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am planning on staying with 17" wheels because of price now and in the future. Decided to go with 225/50/17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires with TSX Nurburgring 17x8 wheels since they are lighter and will give me the offset I want. Not cheap by any means but will look nice on my white Accord.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I am planning on staying with 17" wheels because of price now and in the future. Decided to go with 225/50/17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires with TSX Nurburgring 17x8 wheels since they are lighter and will give me the offset I want. Not cheap by any means but will look nice on my white Accord.
Not sure what you're getting at here re: the cost now and later, but then buying expensive 17's and expensive tires. Nothing wrong with that setup of course, I'm just not getting why those would be your choices when the previous sentence sounded like you were on a budget.

In any case, post up some pics when you have them on!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Those would look good.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Dude I almost got those wheels! but then saw the tsw Valencia and was sold. I had to go up a size though.:dunno: but I think those wheels would look even better in 18's.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dude I almost got those wheels! but then saw the tsw Valencia and was sold. I had to go up a size though.:dunno: but I think those wheels would look even better in 18's.
I will check out the Valencias but 18" tires cost too much for 235/45. Can anyone recommend a set of tires that are good but not overly expensive. Planning on getting them from Discount Tire.

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are Falken Azenis PT-722 any good since Discount Tire is selling them for $153 each. I will check the other sites as well.

Also, should I be looking at 235/45 and/or 225/50 which is recommended at 1010tires. I want the tires flush with my fenders as close as it can be. Also, what wheel offset is better, 35 or 40?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Continental Extreme Contact DWS are the best all-season tires on Earth, and only barely more money.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Continental Extreme Contact DWS are the best all-season tires on Earth, and only barely more money.
I see they are XL tires. With 235/45, can I use XL instead of going with SL?

·
Read Only
28 Posts
Honestly discount tire is expensive with their wheels but sometimes they have deals only in theor shop. For example i got my 20 inch tsw morabeaus for only 600 for all 4 rims because discount tire had someone put a deposit in them and that guy decided to get a different set of rims instead.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts