Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO... Whats going on hope you guys are having a wonderful day. I have a 2007 Honda accord 2.4 k24a8 AT I recently got the TSX manifold installed everything according to elitecm's instructions and I had a bad idle problem it went up to 2100 rpms go down, up, and then it would die on me i changed TB gasket, and even replaced map sensor and still the same problem. I used the same nuts and bolts that were on my accord, followed sequence of bolts of manifold clleaned TB, IM , and IACV. Idk what the problem could be I attached the IM picture.. is it possible that I got the wrong manifold I got off of ebay and they claimed it was an 06 but is it the right one? Thanks in advance..

EDIT: I reverted to my original IM and everything went back to normal if that helps any..

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,998 Posts
well.. .where did you get the intake manifold and did you verify the part number?

You have a vacuum leak with that manifold, that's what it sounds like, which equates to the idle surging.

·
"Registered"?
3,349 Posts
let me google that for you: TSX Intake Manifold DIY / Q & A

Ask your fleabay seller for your money back. I'm guessing you got the wrong one, one for an 03-05 that has the IACV cutout. 06-07's don't have an intake air control valve.

From that page:

Why are the swaps different? Acura made changes to the intake manifold for the 2006 model. 03-05 accords have an idle air control valve and therefore need a cutout in the intake manifold to allow airflow through the IACV. The 2006 Accord features the introduction of the Electronic Throttle Control system which eliminates the IACV. The 2004-2005 Acura TSX has the IACV slot present although no TSX has ever featured an IACV. In 2006, the same year as the Accord switched to ETC, the TSX manifold changed design.

·
Registered
878 Posts
And from post #112:
How do you tell apart an 04-05 [Acura TSX] IM from 06-08?

By the book:
The 04-05 IM throttle opening has a diameter of 60mm.
The 06-08 IM throttle opening has a diameter of 64mm.

I don't think that will make a difference in performance for the Accord, unless you've bored out your Throttle Body to match the diameter.

A more obvious difference is that the throttle body openings are different between the two.
The 04-05 IM throttle opening has somewhat of a rectangular shape routed out, making it key shaped.
The 06-08 IM throttle opening is a circle.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Is there a small hole on the back of the manifold? Take a look- it's a common source of vacuum leak when doing this mod and often overlooked...If there is a hole you'll need to transfer the plug off your old manifold and put it on the new.

Or as others said you may have the wrong part.

I purchased a tsx IM but have held off on installing in fear of messing things up.

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,285 Posts
I purchased a tsx IM but have held off on installing in fear of messing things up.
I just died a little reading this ...

·
ziptie princess
1,053 Posts
I'm not afraid of the install..It's easy. I was somewhat worried about the forced induction without having new headers or an exhaust upgrade. Did you install? 5spd coupe here.
a) forced induction??
2) header, singular
c) the amount of difference this modification will make is largely in your head, unless you have a finely calibrated butt dyno. you don’t need a header, exhaust, tune, or anything else to do it, just put it on your car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts