Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Joined
·
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it says throttle body not included? what does that mean?
im a noob lol.. :lmao:

oh, and the pictures are down for that how to :thumbsdow
 

·
ZOMG, T3H TyPe AARRR!!!11
Joined
·
312 Posts
Nearly everyone who uses a TSX manifold says it gave them a more noticable power gain that an intake or even headers.

You don't need a throttle body. Your stock Accord one will work fine.
 

·
39.1 going on 40mpg!
Joined
·
4,723 Posts
You should get a new (OEM) intake manifold gasket and a new (OEM) throttle body gasket if you do get it though. It's hard to keep the old gaskets airtight once you remove the old (original) intake manifold.
 

·
ZOMG, T3H TyPe AARRR!!!11
Joined
·
312 Posts
Hondata makes an aftermarket "performance" IM gasket that will work too. Comptech might make one as well. :thmsup:
 

·
port & polish everything
Joined
·
1,559 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,643 Posts
Youll find in those links posted right above my post that swapping for a tsx intake manifold will give you noticible power gain and theres a DIY writtin about it on gen7accord.com , the same person who wrote the diy just recently wrote a thread about performance mods for I4 gen7 accords...ill drop the link when i find it later
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,207 Posts
hiddengamer7 said:
Question, will the TSX intake manifold fit onto my '00 Accord?
It's a completely different engine so I doubt it will fit...but I've seen a lot of weirder stuff modded to fit together
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, since the DIY pisc are down for now on the gen7 site, i just wanted to know if this mod is doable for a beginner? also, do i not need the intake gasket? can i use the one i currently have?
 

·
ZOMG, T3H TyPe AARRR!!!11
Joined
·
312 Posts
hiddengamer7 said:
Question, will the TSX intake manifold fit onto my '00 Accord?
Definitely not. The K24's are mounted completely backwards from how the F23's were, and are just generally a different engine entirely. I bet an H22 or H23 intake manifold would fit, though, and that might be a good thing.
 

·
K24A4 User!
Joined
·
51 Posts
faboloso said:
well, since the DIY pisc are down for now on the gen7 site, i just wanted to know if this mod is doable for a beginner? also, do i not need the intake gasket? can i use the one i currently have?
This mod is very simple, and as mentioned in the 7th Gen forum, it's an extremely worthwhile mod. However, be advised that having the DIY guide with pics at hand while doing it will be very beneficial. For a car with less mileage, you should only need to buy the intake manifold and the TSX bracket. The gaskets should be clean enough on a newer car for you to reuse (the IM gasket is metal, so it's fine for reusing). I did mine when I had 20K km's on there and it was still clean.

As for performance mod, it's also been mentioned in the other forum, but I'll say it again... It's the best mod for the money a bolt-on can get ya! I've got a CAI, header, plus exhausts done, but none of the gains from those were even comparable to the TSX IM upgrade. Extremely worthwhile! :thmsup:

I've got a copy of Steve's DIY from 7th Gen. It's got the pics, but I edited it slightly to fit better into the document and I've got a diagram for the TSX IM at the end. Enjoy and happy modding!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Azn_Rice_Man said:
This mod is very simple, and as mentioned in the 7th Gen forum, it's an extremely worthwhile mod. However, be advised that having the DIY guide with pics at hand while doing it will be very beneficial. For a car with less mileage, you should only need to buy the intake manifold and the TSX bracket. The gaskets should be clean enough on a newer car for you to reuse (the IM gasket is metal, so it's fine for reusing). I did mine when I had 20K km's on there and it was still clean.

As for performance mod, it's also been mentioned in the other forum, but I'll say it again... It's the best mod for the money a bolt-on can get ya! I've got a CAI, header, plus exhausts done, but none of the gains from those were even comparable to the TSX IM upgrade. Extremely worthwhile! :thmsup:

I've got a copy of Steve's DIY from 7th Gen. It's got the pics, but I edited it slightly to fit better into the document and I've got a diagram for the TSX IM at the end. Enjoy and happy modding!


WOW thanks!! you should post that in our DIY
p.s. just to make sure, i am bidding on an 04-05 TSX IM. it will fit on my 06 right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
Wow that sounds like an awesome mod! Am I correct in assuming that you can throw the factory warranty (including the extended HondaCare) out the window if you do this mod?
 

·
Rule Enforcer
Joined
·
8,217 Posts
Well, for some parts of the motor...maybe. Its hard to tell. You may want to ask around though. The dealer can only deny you a warranty claim if your modification directly caused the problem. The burden is on them.

Now...if you install this and your oil pump stops working...then they still need to fix the oil pump under warranty.

I would venture to guess that a tech would have to dig pretty deep to even notice this mod.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,207 Posts
So here's the thing, a team is only as efficient as its weakest link. In an engine, this "team" I'm referring to is the intake and exhaust pathways. Azn Rice Boy has basically modified everything on this pathway that you can in terms of bolt ons in order to make more power. There is effectively no more restriction in his engine: from the CAI, into a better intake intake manifold, burned by the engine then spit out by nice headers and exhaust.

If you put a TSX IM onto a stock engine, you may not get as big of a gain as he notices because you still have other restrictions: stock intake tract/resonator, stock exhaust. If your TSX IM is your first mod and a CAI is your next mod, your view may be easily switched..."the CAI was worth more than every other mod I've ever done!" See my point? Not saying it's not a good mod, but if it doesn't produce results you expected you should know why and then go after those parts as well :yes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BenjiBoy650 said:
So here's the thing, a team is only as efficient as its weakest link. In an engine, this "team" I'm referring to is the intake and exhaust pathways. Azn Rice Boy has basically modified everything on this pathway that you can in terms of bolt ons in order to make more power. There is effectively no more restriction in his engine: from the CAI, into a better intake intake manifold, burned by the engine then spit out by nice headers and exhaust.

If you put a TSX IM onto a stock engine, you may not get as big of a gain as he notices because you still have other restrictions: stock intake tract/resonator, stock exhaust. If your TSX IM is your first mod and a CAI is your next mod, your view may be easily switched..."the CAI was worth more than every other mod I've ever done!" See my point? Not saying it's not a good mod, but if it doesn't produce results you expected you should know why and then go after those parts as well :yes:
my fujita CAI is already on its way :thmsup: so this IM will be my 2nd performance mod. i'm hoping ill see a significant difference in acceleration, as ive noted before that my I4 has horrible low-end pickup.

i posted a question in the 7th gen section, but no one's replied to it yet. for the fujita CAI, you guys say the crankcase hose cable is too short, but the guy at the store says theres no such thing. any suggestions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,207 Posts
faboloso said:
i posted a question in the 7th gen section, but no one's replied to it yet. for the fujita CAI, you guys say the crankcase hose cable is too short, but the guy at the store says theres no such thing. any suggestions?
I think it is called the crankcase hose cable because of its specific function/location, but if you took it off and took it to the parts store they would just recognize it as a generic rubber hose...that's why they have no idea what you are talking about. It's like going to the store and saying "I specifically want a car washing hose" and the guy doesn't realize that you just want a regular hose that you can hook up to a water source and have water come out the other end :nuts:
 
1 - 20 of 338 Posts
Top