Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

281 - 300 of 338 Posts

·
Fails at Internets
91 Posts
What about V6 AT?

Does this mod work or make sense for the V6 AT ?

It dawned on me like a ton of bricks.... *inline 4*... when I opened the box and looked at the precious thing I'd been waiting for so anxiously for two weeks. Ouch.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Does this mod work or make sense for the V6 AT ?

It dawned on me like a ton of bricks.... *inline 4*... when I opened the box and looked at the precious thing I'd been waiting for so anxiously for two weeks. Ouch.
HELPS TO READ THE WHOL 19 PAGES AND YOULL BEGIN TO NOTICE THESE GUYS A 4CYL...lol. im not yelling btw.

·
Fails at Internets
91 Posts
My apologies.

( FWIW, I'm completely obsessive- I read every post on every page, as well as the whole DIY on elitecm. )

I don't know what an IM is supposed to look like yet, 'cause I just started learning about cars a number of weeks ago. D'oh!

Bummer. I really want air throughput.

Looks like Acura didn't make a V6 TSX until 2010—the IM for that 5-AT vehicle costs over $500.
I wonder how it's different from the Accord's V6 5-AT IM;
after reading the thread Intake Manifold V6 - 5AT vs. 6MT, it seems like there can be a lot to take into consideration.

I'm interested in finding out though.

·
Just another old guy ....
1,269 Posts
"Wisdom" comes at a high price invsblduck. You should remember this lesson for years if not for the rest of your life.

If you do find something on the IM for the V6, please start a new thread on it.

Oh ..... I up-datede the title to.

·
Registered
1 Posts
tsx IM for 06 accord coupe 2.4l

i was wondering if anyone out there is either selling or knos of where i can get an IM from a tsx and the 17mm tl rear sway bar

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
i was wondering if anyone out there is either selling or knos of where i can get an IM from a tsx and the 17mm tl rear sway bar
TL RSB is $43 bux at Acura. U can use stock end links but need bushings and clamps i think.

·
Registered
15 Posts
quick question..im seeing some people say i need the tsx bracket, some don't. whats the final verdict? also does the 04 tsx TB just swap over to an 04 accord 4 cyl? if so, is it worth it?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I did the intake manifold mod and did it with NO BRACKET.so if a person says it cant be done without the bracket they are not telling the truth im living proof its possible,lol
on th other hand maybe the bracket would prevent that strange vibration i was having from the engine.engine would make a shake every 4-5 seconds.it was kinda scary.i didn't have any ait leaks.i got new gaskets and double and triple checked.once i took off the manifold and left the intake on the vibrations were gone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I did the intake manifold mod and did it with NO BRACKET.so if a person says it cant be done without the bracket they are not telling the truth im living proof its possible,lol
on th other hand maybe the bracket would prevent that strange vibration i was having from the engine.engine would make a shake every 4-5 seconds.it was kinda scary.i didn't have any ait leaks.i got new gaskets and double and triple checked.once i took off the manifold and left the intake on the vibrations were gone.
thanks for the reply but i ended up selling the car.

·
Registered
370 Posts
everyone is saying these parts are easy to find. gaskets are very easy to find. as for the actual intake manifold.......it is like I am looking for carmen sand diego.

·
Povy > Dreaminaccord
999 Posts
Call your local salvage yards. See if there are any wrecked TSX.

I just finished my IM swap. I also have a weapon-r Sri and it really helped mid range top end power. Before it seemed like the engine was asthmatic but now it's breathing great. Runs a lot smoother too. Milage has improved too love it it's worth it. Video on YouTube soon.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Any updates whether lacking the bracket is the cause of engine vibrations or not? I have a 2007 sedan and I'm about to buy a 2006 TSX IM. I know that you don't NEED the bracket, but I just want to know if anyone had a successful install with no problems without one.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I didn't have any issues after 2+ years.

I cut the bracket so the wiring loom had an attachment point.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Sounds good, and thanks for the response.

I'm slowly learning the entire process before attempting it, but I guess I won't really know until I try it out. As far as the gaskets go, has anyone had luck reusing the OEM ones or should I just go ahead and order new gaskets as well?

·
VTAKKKK
1,710 Posts
Sounds good, and thanks for the response.

I'm slowly learning the entire process before attempting it, but I guess I won't really know until I try it out. As far as the gaskets go, has anyone had luck reusing the OEM ones or should I just go ahead and order new gaskets as well?
You NEED a new Honda Accord throttle body gasket but you can reuse a metal gasket that is in between the runner and the intake manifold.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Thanks guys. Ended up getting another TB gasket, and the guy I bought the TSX IM from also gave me another IM gasket just in case. I'll be attempting this install soon! Can't wait.

Anyone also with a Fujita Cold air intake notice any gains?

Also, I'm hearing all this talk about a gasket scraper. Isn't it just essentially a metal spatula? What's the best way to go about removing the old TB gasket without using a "gasket scraper"? Don't wanna have to buy any additional tools if I can get away using household items.

·
Povy > Dreaminaccord
999 Posts
Mine came off clean and I was able to re-use both. But yes it is just a flat metal uh "thing" paint stirrer if you will. Have fun!

·
Accorder
16 Posts
radical RPM after swapping the manifold

Hi guys, I'm new here and still a newbie so plz go ez on me :D. Thanks much!
1st, sorry for reviving this thread, but I ran into a problem after swapping my manifold.
The RMP is erratic and CEL is on now. RMP is jumping from under 1k to 2k, also, after turning the engine off with the hood open, I can hear the "EEE" sound. It went away after about a minute or so. I check all the hoses and spray the Cab cleaner around the manifold but no leak detected. Also, I used the old TB gasket as it wasn't torn, manifold gasket was still on the head so I didn't touch it, just kinda slide the manifold onto it.
one more thing, I did the swap and install the AEM SRI together, I notice the grommet for the IAT is kinda loose as it's not tightly attached to the tube. I tried holding it down but still didn't help. Any thought and advice will be greatly appreciated!!!!

281 - 300 of 338 Posts