Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

301 - 320 of 338 Posts

·
Accorder
16 Posts
my car actually uses that port. and it was fixed by adjusting the throttle cable. thanks for responding :D

·
HONDA ACCORD NEWBIE
13 Posts
Make it work?

I too am doing a little reviving: I am having a hard time finding an 04-05 IM for my 03 i4 for a reasonable price. If I can get an 06+ IM can I make it work? Seems that the TB may be only issue????? :dunno:

·
Call me Z
1,585 Posts
What do you consider reasonable? Less than $100? A brand new one costs about $150-160 if you look in the right places.
Part #1 in the link is an example:Click me!

·
mobiless2
2,198 Posts

·
HONDA ACCORD NEWBIE
13 Posts
I am actually the bidder on that one, but I can't get an answer about what year it came off of. I am worried that it is off an 06+ it won't be compatible, for one due to the change in TB size.

Does the info in post #131 mean I am out of luck if it is an 06+ IM, or is it salvageable?

·
mobiless2
2,198 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,552 Posts
I am worried that it is off an 06+ it won't be compatible, for one due to the change in TB size.
You need an 04-05 IM because "03-05 accords have an idle air control valve and therefore need a cutout in the intake manifold to allow airflow through the IACV. The 2004-2005 Acura TSX has the IACV slot present although no TSX has ever featured an IACV." The 06 tsx IM doesn't have this cutout.

·
port & polish everything
1,559 Posts
does anyone know if this mod might work on an 8th gen i4
It would be a downgrade, even if it fit, which it won't.

I've owned the 7, 7.5 and 8 and the 8th gen manifold is the best.

The runners are fatter and the plenum looks bigger. Since the 8G upper manifold is composite, it doesn't heatsoak as easily, it's like getting a hondata heatshield gasket from the factory. Since the upper manifold is composite, the inside texture is already smooth as opposed to the sand cast texture of the aluminum manifolds. And finally, the 8G manifold is lighter.

oh also if you mean switching a K24Z3 TSX manifold to a K24Z2/3 Accord, there's no point they all have the same part.

·
LoveMy7.5
53 Posts
Ummm New here well not really been a shadow untill i decided to make an account :p I wanted to do this mod only because I believe it will help when I convert my single i4 Exhaust to a dual i4 Exhaust to help with the lower end backpressure i might of got that backwards :p I have a 2007 honda accord Ex-l Sulev i-vtech 2.4l what year im should i get I think its the 06 tsx im and what gaskets will i need I want it to work good :p :thmsup: oh 83k miles Thanks sorry for being a noob :( Next mod retrofit :D

·
Call me Z
1,585 Posts
Holy lack of punctuation and making it hard to read Batman! Let me try to rewrite what you wrote to make it a bit more legible:

"I'm new here. Not really. I've been a shadow until deciding to make an account. I wanted to do this mod only because I believe it will help when I convert my i4 single exhaust to dual. I'm hoping this mod will help with the loss of low end backpressure. I have got that backwards.
I have a 2007 SULEV Honda Accord, 2.4L. What year IM should I look for? I think I need the 06 TSX IM. Also, what gaskets will I need. I want it to perform without a problem. My car has 83k miles. Thanks and sorry for being a noob. My next mod will be a headlight retro. :smileyface:"

I think I got that right so here goes. Your engine isn't VTECH. That's a home phone manufacturer. Secondly, your plan to "decrease back pressure" for your dual exhaust mod desire has nothing to do with the TSX IM swap. What the manifold will do is shift your powerband higher than stock. The dual exhaust has little to no effect unless you were to go with the wrong diameter exhaust piping. That's a topic for another discussion.

Back to your IM question. The gaskets for the TSX and the Accord are identical (someone correct me if I'm wrong) so long as you get the appropriate gasket for your engine application. There was a change between 05 and 06. I can't remember what the change was off the top of my head. Now, be warned, you WILL lose a bit of low end torque if you are to change your IM for the TSX one. Its not really noticeable with a manual transmissioned vehicle (ask me how I know that) but the automatic guys noticed the change. You didn't specify whether your car was an automatic or manual.

This thread is filled with the information you're looking for. Had you done a bit of searching, you would have found the answers to your question.

·
LoveMy7.5
53 Posts
My bad :p it was night when i was typing, Well using the TSX Im Mod I read from all your guys post regarding it helps the airflow and exhaust flow better so in reality doing this cheap mod would help dual exhaust on the I4 without i think the loss of lower end back pressure would be too much and make me fail Ca Emissions smog so Thats why i was looking to do this :) sorry about the typing <noob> :p

·
Povy > Dreaminaccord
999 Posts
tsx intake manifold (Inline 4 Cyl)

You're good Z :) the main difference was the idle air port on the TB side of the manifold. There was a slanted portion where the throttle body bolted onto the manifold.

·
Call me Z
1,585 Posts
My bad :p it was night when i was typing, Well using the TSX Im Mod I read from all your guys post regarding it helps the airflow and exhaust flow better so in reality doing this cheap mod would help dual exhaust on the I4 without i think the loss of lower end back pressure would be too much and make me fail Ca Emissions smog so Thats why i was looking to do this :) sorry about the typing <noob> :p
Then you understood incorrectly. This entire mistyped statement is wrong. Please read the entire thread two or three times along with all the other TSX IM swap threads on the internet to educate yourself on what this does before you modify your car any further. Last thing we need is people blindly modding and then screaming bloody murder because the mod they performed doesn't do what they thought it was supposed to do.
You're good Z :) the main difference was the idle air port on the TB side of the manifold. There was a slanted portion where the throttle body bolted onto the manifold.
I think that slotted portion was the IACV but I could be wrong on that one.

·
Povy > Dreaminaccord
999 Posts
tsx intake manifold (Inline 4 Cyl)

I think that slotted portion was the IACV but I could be wrong on that one.
That's what I was referring to :thmsup: I knew it was something to do with the idle control. Lol

·
You're easy money.
499 Posts
I figure bumping an old thread would be better then making a new one, but in regards to this swap, does it matter what gasket I use? I mean in buying a new oem one or buying a handata or ktuned one? Whats the difference? Also do you need the throttle body gasket or is that optional because I saw in the DIY on one of the steps he said "If you choose to remove the throttle body gasket then scrape it off completely" or something.

·
Just another old guy ....
1,269 Posts
Ok.... it's been a while and I know that others will correct me if I'm wrong.

No, it doesn't matter which gasket you use. Some of the aftermarket gaskets are made of a different material than the factory gasket. These aftermarket gaskets will help to reduce the thermal transfer from the head to the IM. It's believed that a cooler IM makes more power. So, it's your choice.

Now for the throttle body gasket. IMHO the only reason you'd need to buy a new one is if the old one gets damaged. Way back when I did this mod (haven't had the car for 4-5 years now), I bought one to have just in case. I didn't need it because the original one didn't get damaged. So, again, it's your choice.

And just to be clear, you do need a gasket between each of these mating parts. Which one (OEM or Aftermarket) is your choice.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I am so busy with school, I still have not gotten around to doing this mod.

I just need the p2r gaskets and those studs for the TB.
Planning on doing this this winter break hopefully.

301 - 320 of 338 Posts