Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in my consideration of purchasing a header for Baby, Ive had to ask myself several questions and attempt to find answers on the search bar here on DA and google.
So as I havent found the exact answers Im looking for I was thinking, "hey why not make a thread and someone else can put their 2 cents in."
So here goes:
1. If going for a header in a 7th gen accord, would I get more bang for my buck in getting a TSX header since they are the "more HP version" of an accord?
2. If I purchase a TSX header, would the rest of my exhaust system need to be for a TSX to continue with the higher horsepower or does that even matter when it comes to exhausts and cats?
3. Should I have purchased a short ram intake for TSX instead of an accord model? Ive had the weapon-r dragon designed for the accord for amonth or two, just curious about hindsight.
4. How many other parts are interchangeable between the TSX and Accord? If I purchase an undersized drive pulley it would need to be for accord right?
5. What is the most horsepower ever achieved from a 2.4L Accord and would it just be more prudent to have purchased a TSX engine and drop it in?
I appreciate any info you guys can give me,
Thanks Again

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Probably more prudent to trade it in for a v6 in my opinion than what a TSX k24 swap would cost you in parts/labor. I would just keep adding whatever mods you can do to your accord engine and not swap engines.

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,028 Posts
So in my consideration of purchasing a header for Baby, Ive had to ask myself several questions and attempt to find answers on the search bar here on DA and google.
So as I havent found the exact answers Im looking for I was thinking, "hey why not make a thread and someone else can put their 2 cents in."
So here goes:
1. If going for a header in a 7th gen accord, would I get more bang for my buck in getting a TSX header since they are the "more HP version" of an accord?
2. If I purchase a TSX header, would the rest of my exhaust system need to be for a TSX to continue with the higher horsepower or does that even matter when it comes to exhausts and cats?
3. Should I have purchased a short ram intake for TSX instead of an accord model? Ive had the weapon-r dragon designed for the accord for amonth or two, just curious about hindsight.
4. How many other parts are interchangeable between the TSX and Accord? If I purchase an undersized drive pulley it would need to be for accord right?
5. What is the most horsepower ever achieved from a 2.4L Accord and would it just be more prudent to have purchased a TSX engine and drop it in?
I appreciate any info you guys can give me,
Thanks Again
I'm going off what I remember reading, but ;

1 & 2 - if you get a TSX header, you need to remove 2" from somewhere, aftermarket cat is a good spot, and I don't think the exhaust route or hangers are a match.

3 - I looked into doing this, but the TSX pipes I looked at didn't have the same rectangle MAF port I have on my '07 ... the TSX has a circle one IIRC.

4 - dunno really, but member "Pope" put a Cusco underbody frame brace for a TSX on his Accord - it bolted right into place.

5 - the 5AT is the weak point in a horsepower race for this engine/tranny combo my friend ... Is absurd horsepower is really your ultimate goal? Dropping a TSX engine is no joke, probably only worth it if you had a MT instead of a slush box. There's a member over at another Accord forum who's done this K24A2 swap, supercharged, with the 5MT to 6MT gearing swap, and A TON OF CUSTOM FAB WORK.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going off what I remember reading, but ;

1 & 2 - if you get a TSX header, you need to remove 2" from somewhere, aftermarket cat is a good spot, and I don't think the exhaust route or hangers are a match.

3 - I looked into doing this, but the TSX pipes I looked at didn't have the same rectangle MAF port I have on my '07 ... the TSX has a circle one IIRC.

4 - dunno really, but member "Pope" put a Cusco underbody frame brace for a TSX on his Accord - it bolted right into place.

5 - the 5AT is the weak point in a horsepower race for this engine/tranny combo my friend ... Is absurd horsepower is really your ultimate goal? Dropping a TSX engine is no joke, probably only worth it if you had a MT instead of a slush box. There's a member over at another Accord forum who's done this K24A2 swap, supercharged, with the 5MT to 6MT gearing swap, and A TON OF CUSTOM FAB WORK.
Well formatted and well spoken my friend. That puts alot of my questions to bed.
I have a TopSpeed header on order for TSX and had intended on a temporary chop on the exhaust and replacement so I could install myself without running back to the shop. Aftermarket cat will come next. If I'm in the mood to jump Duals I discovered under the rear that there are punchouts for larger diameter dual exhausts but it would take some additional modification to add the hangers.
In all actuality the TSX engine question was a big theoretical as though I had alot of money to play with. As is at the moment, I enjoy the power I'm getting from Baby. I hope to squeeze a little more out with a few more mods and start with .the beautifying process shortly.
Once again, Thank you for the answers, and clearing up alot of mod questions for me. That should get me guided properly into the next couple or few projects. As for the instructions and troubleshooting through the projects, I'm not done here by far.

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,028 Posts
You're exhaust idea, I think you might need to look at an O2 extension to make it work ...

Just make sure to do your research first mate, so you know what you're getting into, and it'll be less of a hassle during install.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Already looking into the 02 wire extension. Also I have a good muff shop who will give me a hand with the chopping of the excess length on the exhaust to get the header to fit. They offered to throw the header on for a great price but I want to get my hands in there and do it myself. I wonder if I should look into ceramic coat for the headrr to avoid the whole HeAt ThInG. My weekend is right around the corner, I can already feel the concrete on my back when I'm under the car throwing those shiny new pipes on.

·
Registered
426 Posts
No tsx header will fit unless you mod the header itself. Someone had the PLM header but had to have one of the runners moved back like an inch or too because it touched the axle boot. You can get a DC header and just switch out the flex pipe.

Mostly, suspension parts are interchangeable between TSX and accord such as coils, underbody braces, springs, etc. Stop looking for TSX parts. There are pulley's, intakes, exhausts, etc for the accord itself. I've had every bolt on for the car.

And if you're not happy with your k24, just get the v6. More power than the TSX and the 4-cyl accord.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts