Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ktuner is looking for a 8th Gen i4 in the
Phoenix/Tempe/Chandler AZ area for a ECU reflash
anyone interested or willing to make a trip ?

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
Link? I'm there and would do it in a heartbeat as long as they don't eff my car up :)

·
4,057 Posts
I fired off an email to them. See what happens. Phoenix is a big place with lots of Accords so maybe someone already volunteered to help them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok cool! no he just asked yesterday and there was no one in the AZ area,
join the fb group to keep in touch.

·
4,057 Posts
Alright I've got the ball rolling in the background. I'm a bit concerned this might be a one man operation which means the safety factor has to ramp up to make sure it's a guy who actually knows what he is doing and isn't just going to take a "college try" at it :paranoid:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He definetly knows what hes doing,

All his work =

•02-04 RSX/02-05 EP3 with the use of a conversion harness
•K20 and K24 swapped vehicles
•05-06 RSX Type-S, Base Auto and Manual
•03-05 Accord Auto and Manual
•06-07 Accord Drive By Wire Auto and Manual
•03-06 Element Auto and Manual (Coming soon)
•07-08 Element Drive By Wire Auto and Manual (Coming soon)
•06-09 S2000 (Coming soon)

·
4,057 Posts

·
4,057 Posts
I'm excited for the doors this can open up. 91 octane making more of a difference, no speed limiter (probably doesn't matter for most people), 7100rpm redline, etc etc. Then longer term we can get into turbo kits or maybe adapting the Civic Si Kraftwerks supercharger to our engine. Sky's the limit.

·
port & polish everything
1,573 Posts
I'm excited for the doors this can open up. 91 octane making more of a difference, no speed limiter (probably doesn't matter for most people), 7100rpm redline, etc etc. Then longer term we can get into turbo kits or maybe adapting the Civic Si Kraftwerks supercharger to our engine. Sky's the limit.
Not only 7100 rpm, up to 7600 rpm if you look at what international K24A2 are spec for. For those of you with K24Z2, that's almost 1000 rpm more worth of revs. I am definitely looking forward to more revs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_K_engine

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have been keeping a close eye on KTuners facebook page along with asking about a SDK kit for some time now. I can't wait to increase revs, advance timing, and ability to tune for more degree of vtc without having to completely swap motors

·
Registered
353 Posts
do yall think it will be possible for a tune to remove the vcm?

·
Registered
115 Posts
why would you want to disable the vcm? It doesn't contribute to performance as it only activates while cruising under certain conditions.

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Also, ktuner has successfully tuned the element of the previous year 03-07 which shares all of the same sensors in line with the 08 k24 accords. It should share the same family of ecu as well just different code

1 - 17 of 17 Posts