Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2012 Honda accord V6 and I want to tune the ECU or re-flash it.

I have done re-search and found out that there is a way to install a twin turbo kit on all the 2008-2012 coupe or sedan but there is a problem with the ECU it must be re-tuned and dyno tested.

Does any one know any one that can perform this task.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hondata is working on a solution for tuning 8th Gens, but as of this moment there is nothing on the market to flash our stock ECU. Some people have utilized piggy back tuning solutions but their effectiveness and reliability are sketchy at best.

On another note, installing a twin turbo kit would be absolutely pointless, even if it did fit (which is unlikely) and the ECU could be tuned to it. The V6 Accords can barely handle the WHP and TQ they currently have, adding 75-200WHP more (depending on how aggressive you are with PSI and tuning) would be absurd. You wouldn't be able to "get on it" until at least 3rd gear without losing control of the car. Not to mention you would have to upgrade nearly all of your drivetrain components and install an LSD up front. If you really want a car putting down 350+WHP do yourself a favor and sell the Honda, go get something else. Our cars simply are not designed for that, nor is it financially feasible. Yeah yeah, people have come on here in the past and talked big saying "money's not a problem", but let's face it, that's a bullshit line. If money wasn't a problem then they wouldn't be driving an Accord in the first place except as a commuter car. :rolleyes:

·
Honda Nation
1,678 Posts
Hondata is working on a solution for tuning 8th Gens, but as of this moment there is nothing on the market to flash our stock ECU. Some people have utilized piggy back tuning solutions but their effectiveness and reliability are sketchy at best.

On another note, installing a twin turbo kit would be absolutely pointless, even if it did fit (which is unlikely) and the ECU could be tuned to it. The V6 Accords can barely handle the WHP and TQ they currently have, adding 75-200WHP more (depending on how aggressive you are with PSI and tuning) would be absurd. You wouldn't be able to "get on it" until at least 3rd gear without losing control of the car. Not to mention you would have to upgrade nearly all of your drivetrain components and install an LSD up front. If you really want a car putting down 350+WHP do yourself a favor and sell the Honda, go get something else. Our cars simply are not designed for that, nor is it financially feasible. Yeah yeah, people have come on here in the past and talked big saying "money's not a problem", but let's face it, that's a bullshit line. If money wasn't a problem then they wouldn't be driving an Accord in the first place except as a commuter car. :rolleyes:

Well put!

To the OP, if you want 350+ hp sell the Accord and buy a Chevy Camaro Super Sport with a 6.2 liter V8. It is 425 hp bone stock and since it's RWD it can handle all the HP you want to throw at it. You are driving the wrong car for what you want.

For what you'd spend in trying to do everything from installing twin turbos to flashing the ECU, even if you COULD do that (which is, again, highly unlikely if not down right impossible), the money you spend combined with what you can get for your Accord bone stock on trade, would get you IN to a brand new Camaro SS.

Go buy that Camaro! Sell the Accord! You're not driving what you want!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for you info. I would buy a different car but I've already spend good amount of money on these one.

It was just an idea. I looked at the supercharger kits but for 6 - 7 thousand and only 40HPW it's not worth it so I looked into turbo units.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
You already have the V6, how much more power do you need you greedy bastard :)

(I4 owners are jealous).

I suspect more power on top of the V6 would grenade the tranny. I'm just hoping I can one day get the I4 up to V6 power levels. And if that isn't possible in the next couple of years...new car.

·
Banned
1,375 Posts

where did you get your information that hondata is working on a tuning solution for the 8th gen accord?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TPS voltage output wire

Well I have found a way to get up to the power I wanted and be safe at the same time without spending a lot of $$$$$$.

I installed a ZEX nitrous kit with a 100 shot. I have a 2012 V6 accord with a engine mod from 2012 Acura 3.7Lt TL (SH-AWD), New TB, Intake Manifold and spacers and with 1 stage cold plugs all modified from a 2012 Acura to 2012 Honda V6.

But now I can't figure out witch wire is the THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR VOLTAGE OUTPUT WIRE.

If anyone know please let me know because that's the last thing I need to do to program the Nitrous Management Unit so it will kick in at full throttle.

thanks,

·
Honda Nation
1,678 Posts
Well I have found a way to get up to the power I wanted and be safe at the same time without spending a lot of $$$$$$.

I installed a ZEX nitrous kit with a 100 shot. I have a 2012 V6 accord with a engine mod from 2012 Acura 3.7Lt TL (SH-AWD), New TB, Intake Manifold and spacers and with 1 stage cold plugs all modified from a 2012 Acura to 2012 Honda V6.

But now I can't figure out witch wire is the THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR VOLTAGE OUTPUT WIRE.

If anyone know please let me know because that's the last thing I need to do to program the Nitrous Management Unit so it will kick in at full throttle.

thanks,
:scratch: Nitrous???? Really?

When your rings and seals are burned up and you smoke like a bus, remember this when I tell you in no uncertain terms it's a bad idea.

·
4,057 Posts
:scratch: Nitrous???? Really?

When your rings and seals are burned up and you smoke like a bus, remember this when I tell you in no certain terms it's a bad idea.
Allegedly you can run up to +50hp on the I4 with no ill effects. Bpearl was running NOSSSSSS (in Paul Walker's voice) for a bit on his V6.

thanks,
Consult 11-52 and 11-231 of the service manual. There's 2 signals for redundancy it seems. You want either pins 4 (orange) or 1 for pedal sensor signal B or A respectively. It also appears signal B increases in voltage as you step on the pedal (.2->5V), and signal A decreases in voltage as you step on it (5->.2V).

And FFS don't mess around with something like your pedal assembly if you don't know what you're doing. Be smart and use a DMM to verify which wires are which.

Oh, and I think the ZEX kit says you can't run that much of a shot without retarding timing, which I don't think you can do without a tune.

·
7th Gear
86 Posts
Regarding your re-flashing ECU - I have been interested in this as well. I know the 2006+ S2000s do it with great results. I'd love to try it with my V6 coupe. I am glad to hear that they may be working on it for the Accord.
As for nitrous - keep it conservative and have fun. However, eventually you will get bored of that too and will be looking for even more power.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts

Uh, then why does a J37a# have 305hp, I can simply add a few things and get way passed that 350hp - 450hp easily. My J30 is passed 250hp currently, removed my shit for a new bigger swap but your way off thinking Honda can't get up there on Horsepower. -_-. Get out of the 4 bangers would help you get away from the weak horsepower a lot of kids are all physicked about, personally 4 bangers are eh and for budget tight numbed kids.
-J30a4, J32 head, Chevy tranny, rwd CRX. Dog on Honda all you want, bet you didn't even know they made Diesel.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I can simply add a few things and get way passed that 350hp - 450hp easily.
Great first post! Wake up a 2013 thread and start spouting shit you can't backup... This is going to be fun. :nerd
Can't wait to see dyno's and pics...

·
4,057 Posts
Uh, then why does a J37a# have 305hp, I can simply add a few things and get way passed that 350hp - 450hp easily. My J30 is passed 250hp currently, removed my shit for a new bigger swap but your way off thinking Honda can't get up there on Horsepower. -_-. Get out of the 4 bangers would help you get away from the weak horsepower a lot of kids are all physicked about, personally 4 bangers are eh and for budget tight numbed kids.
-J30a4, J32 head, Chevy tranny, rwd CRX. Dog on Honda all you want, bet you didn't even know they made Diesel.
No.

The J37 is a bigger displacement engine with higher compression. The J30 is a 10 year old engine so you're also in the wrong section too.

You're not going to get > 300whp on a V6 without forced induction, nitrous, or MAYBE a really hot cam. 450whp Accord will never happen because it doesn't make any sense to even bother. Everyone always says "money no object" until they spend more than 60 seconds actually looking at what it takes to make big power or swap engines and then you never hear from them again.

·
Registered
641 Posts
to start.... this is an extremely old bumped up post.

now, the accord v6, specifically the 6-6 models have already hit 300whp with just bolt ons and tune. and there is a turbo 9th 6-6 in the works being fully built

1 - 16 of 16 Posts