Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
this has been covered like a billion times already, its called a search button bud

·
Registered
570 Posts
Nobody has verifiably cracked the ecu coding for the 8th gen. so as far as i know, no tuning is yet possible. Rumors and vaporware only at this point.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
What is tunning? What are coups?
What is your purpose in posting besides to pick on grammar? It aggravates me as well, but there's a point where you just have to accept that this is the internet.

To the OP, what is your definition of tuning? One aspect of tuning is mechanical mods, the other is tuning the ECU. It's pointless to pay for tuning if you don't have any mods. Sure there's a HP gain, but with the cost of tuning, that tiny gain isn't worth it.

Some starter mods would be:

Cold Air Intake
Lightweight pulley set
Adjustable cam gears (if available)
TSX intake manifold

After that, look into the AEM FI/C to tune your car and a shop to set you up.

·
Premium Member
5,552 Posts
What is your purpose in posting besides to pick on grammar? It aggravates me as well, but there's a point where you just have to accept that this is the internet.
I've accepted it, I'm just fealing a little feisty this morning. The lack of his searching and the very basic question add to the fire. :D

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
I've accepted it, I'm just fealing a little feisty this morning. The lack of his searching and the very basic question add to the fire. :D
I feel you, it's hard to take someone seriously when dey beez typin like diz! Or fail to take a 2 minute search in an slight effort to find answers before posting.

I can understand for noobs who never use forums or the internet period, but come on, show some initiative.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I feel you, it's hard to take someone seriously when dey beez typin like diz! Or fail to take a 2 minute search in an slight effort to find answers before posting.

I can understand for noobs who never use forums or the internet period, but come on, show some initiative.
Agree.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow, i search for parts and mods all of the time. but up to now i havent seen someone really do anything to the engine becides intake. The exhaust systems are nice even better, if you did a custom exhaust " thumbs up to you", but my real question is, is there anything to the accord then it just being a nice car. Cause i see so much potential in the car, i was just wondering if anyone has even tried to push the evelope on the 8th gen.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
what is a piggy back?
A piggy back is a module that conditions and interprets the data to and from the ECU. That way, your ECU doesn't notice any changes and you can tune the engine as you please.

There really isn't too much to do with the I4 unless you want to go full custom-- even then, it will always be front wheel drive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts