Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want a turbo for my car or just performance parts besides an intake or an exhaust because i have both. Does anybody know where/ what performance parts i can get for my car? I want to get a couple more parts then tune my car!

I really want a turbo for my car or just performance parts besides an intake or an exhaust because i have both. Does anybody know where/ what performance parts i can get for my car? I want to get a couple more parts then tune my car!

·
Registered
134 Posts

You would need a performance transmission to go along with it. I wouldn't do it without doing a manual swap first.

·
Registered
14 Posts
There aren't many parts/kits available for the V6's. Wasn't the engine to soup up. Fragile transmissions didn't help. Most folks manual swapped from an Acura. I only know of one dude that went the forced induction on a V6, and it was a complete custom fabricated supercharger.

But for parts in general, before building crazy power remember to see if the existing engine is healthy enough to do so. If its a high mileage worn engine with bad compression you'll destroy it. There's a lot for suspension/tires/brakes/wheels that can make it feel so much better without modifying the engine.

·
Super Moderator
4,703 Posts
There was a company called Comptech out there that made superchargers for the 3.0L and 3.2L v6 Honda engines. I believe they've changed names now and also do not make any new product for the v6 Honda engines, so to find one it'd be fairly difficult to do so.

Also, agree with the above statements of getting a better transmission first. The stock 4AT won't last you long with increased HP if you do any sort of power adders (engine swap, FI).

Reactions: Gallowlight

·
Registered
1 Posts
There aren't many parts/kits available for the V6's. Wasn't the engine to soup up. Fragile transmissions didn't help. Most folks manual swapped from an Acura. I only know of one dude that went the forced induction on a V6, and it was a complete custom fabricated supercharger.

But for parts in general, before building crazy power remember to see if the existing engine is healthy enough to do so. If its a high mileage worn engine with bad compression you'll destroy it. There's a lot for suspension/tires/brakes/wheels that can make it feel so much better without modifying the engine.
I'm in a similar situation. I have an 07 3.0L v6. What are some engine problems that can occur with a high mileage motor? mine is a little over 204K miles. It runs normally fine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm in a similar situation. I have an 07 3.0L v6. What are some engine problems that can occur with a high mileage motor? mine is a little over 204K miles. It runs normally fine.
Mainly, once you add turbo power, you'll destroy the engine. Mileage on any vehicle causes wear, the piston rings, camshaft lobes, rocker arms, anything that moves. Compression testing the engine will tell you how healthy the cylinders are. Good Compression is a happy healthy engine. But that doesn't mean it will take more power. The engine could produce more leaks. I'd reseal the whole engine, head gaskets and all. While in there I'd see what the camshaft looked like. Look for metal and signs of wear. With older engines, remember there are 204k miles on MANY Parts. Sure some have been replaced, but it's a 2007 so its at least 12 years old of weathering and salt (if in New England), and all around wear and tear. Parts wear and fail. Even if you successfully turbocharged the engine, important sensors could fail from moving thigs around. Crankshaft sensors, the IAC/TPS, anything. It becomes a money sink and a tail chase. The limit here I believe is mainly the transmission. The 4AT is finicky to begin with and may start shearing clutch packs from the extra torque from the turbos. If the engine doesn't go the trans will. And these transmissions have a parts scarcity from mass failure. We'd highly recommend a manual swap.
Most folks looking to turbo an older engine of any kind A, don't care if it blows up and just send it, B, they have another car and this is the play toy, C, have a swap on standby and salvage from the mess. D, just do it anyway and get lucky.

That's my five cents anyway. Not a concrete list of things to do by any means.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts