Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Also available in sober.
499 Posts
Cool build but the paint and ground effects are simply horrible.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
title of this thread is correct. paint job makes me sick.

·
No longer active
702 Posts
While it is interesting that the guy chose to turbo his car, why did he also decide to ruin it by painting it the most lame way and screwing up the interior completely?
I hope he never plans on selling it, because no one is going to buy that car unless it is for parts....
Yuck, yuck, yuck. Horrible interior mods (they all look cheaply done, like he hopped the border and paid $100 for a mexican leather job). The exterior paint is a d-baggy as it could be - why not go all the way and just paint a giant firebird logo on the hood?
Hell, I even think the engine bay looks bad.
Not a quality conversion, from an aesthetic viewpoint.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Engine and build.... :thmsup:

Paint.... :thumbsdow

·
Registered
708 Posts
engine :thmsup:

rest of the car :thumbsdow

t-r-a-s-h-y

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,513 Posts
I assume this person spent thousands of dollars, to build a car I wouldn't give a dime for. Can't stand the paint job, the body kit, the blue engine, the wheels, the exhaust, or the interior. If the owner likes it, that's all that matters, but most people who do this kind of stuff to their cars, get to this point and then want to sell it for $30-40k. 99.99999% of the time, it doesn't work.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I think the craftsmanship of the paintwork on the outside is great, although the design doesn't work with what he's done on the rest of the car, which frankly is atrocious. The engine bay paint is the worst I've ever seen, same goes with the headlight-taillight treatment, hood and bodykit. The interior might've had a fighting chance, had it not been for the fact that the leather was pretty worn, and that he slathered everything with what appears to be tire shine...

Not worth the turbo motor, IMO.

·
Registered
372 Posts
RICCCEEERRRRRRRRRR, get real, this is not fast and the furious, and definitely not need for speed, do people not realize that no one likes these kinds of cars, why sepnd 4k on a paint job everyone will just dislkike except his fellow ricers,,,, SMH

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
I guess it depends on who he's trying to impress... He probably knows better than to post around here.

The paint quality looks like they did a really god job. I could probably like it 2 tone blue and silver, but the orange has to go.

Looks like the bodykit Sunny had for a while.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
i dont like the way the car looks, but i can appreciate the work he put into it. i think car modding is all about how much work you put in and how good of a job it is, and how it looks is only an opinion. for a 2003 car, his leather is in VERY good condition

·
Registered
290 Posts
Absolutely hideous, in all aspects.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Hey guys speaking of turbos.

Can anyone please answer this question for me.

Is anyone aware of turbo kits where the turbo is actually mounted further down the exhaust pipe? Ive seen turbo kits where the turbo is mounted nearly at the back of the car, almost near the muffler. I wonder if this would work for the accords because we have that fixed manifold. See this picture, so weird i never really learned more about this set-up

Attachments

·
06 6MT Sedan
898 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hey guys speaking of turbos.

Can anyone please answer this question for me.

Is anyone aware of turbo kits where the turbo is actually mounted further down the exhaust pipe? Ive seen turbo kits where the turbo is mounted nearly at the back of the car, almost near the muffler. I wonder if this would work for the accords because we have that fixed manifold. See this picture, so weird i never really learned more about this set-up
Often referred to as a remote turbo system, no? I think i'd be easier to relocate the battery to the trunk and run something similar in the engine bay, but I am not sure. You also have to deal with the turbo lag problem that can arise with a remote mounted turbo due to the extra distance the air travels.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.