Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Kaua‘i North Shore Boi.Aloha❤️🤙💪😊
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting this out there if it happens to anyone else. Recent history: Installed timing belt, took a few tries but got it correct and tensioned finally. First attempt, belt was flopping so much, destroyed TDC and CKP sensors, replaced with cheap ebay shizz. Wire colors are reversed for some reason. Seemed to be working. BUT, finally got My car home from a friend's house a week later, revving in park & neutral. Cleaned TB and IACV valve. While disconnecting battery, dropped ratchet on conveniently placed STARTER LIVE POSITIVE. Crackles and pops. Ratchet welded to starter, knocked off and it hit lock up solenoid (need to test), took off negative and covered the damn starter positive in rubber. Took apart starter and cleaned. G2 was loose, tightened. Then no start/fuel pump/no communication happened. Checked and cleaned fuel pump connections, grounds. 3 wires small cracks a from milimeters from connector, fixed. Checked wires for cracks to front of passenger door. Good. Checked grey wire continuity from date link connector to ecm. Good. Resoldered main relay, two soldered so gone had to use torch on soldering iron just to melt. It looked ok. Same thing. Ordered new main relay, cleaned all grounds, all connections under driver dash and fise box. Inspected, cleaned, sprayed crc wire dryer and wiped with qtips, coated perimeters of all connections with crc dielectric grease. Did the same for main fuse box, same result. Replaced main relay, same result. Cleaning passengers fuse/ multiplex box now. Forgot to mention, sometime during this, saw a broken brown/BLK wire under coolant hose towards firewall where the green clip is for the wire harnesses (before it reaches distributor), reconnected with shrink wrap/solder butt connector. Same result. I have ordered a new ECM already, only $28, off eBay, in case I friend it. Took it apart, no Burns, Nothing looks wrong. This sucks. I've done SO MUCH to this car, because it was sold to Me in shit shape by a lying chick who went to rehab a month later, and now the f'ing timing belt AKA PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE is gonna bite Me in the ass? Man, I hate gravity. If You remember My crash story (pissed at a chick, lost control speeding up a hill, 112 ft cliff, 87ft straight vertical, 9 shattered ribs, collapsed right lung, left foot attached by only skin and tendons, got stuck on something pulling myself up the rocks, either pull as hard as I could, or drown. I ripped it off.😵). Anyway, I have a special hatred for gravity, and the B strikes again! Mahalo for any insight. The engine wire harness was full of ok when I got it, distributor o-ring. Fixed, cleaned a few times. The oil had reached the ECM through C connector, I believe.. Was running good for a while! Anyway, My poor frickin car. Aloha Here's My car, and My cliff. That's My white, VERY rusted 97 Nissan, upside down in the pic. Just how I landed. Koof. Drive safe.
Aloha ❤🤙💪

1574965575570.png
123_1_02.jpeg
image000000_07.jpg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,685 Posts
Glad you made it out of that one and still talk about it. How's your leg? Were the docs able to re-attach it?

I been in a similar situation but NOWHERE near as bad as you.

Honestly, I hope you're not too deep in on this car. Unless you know how to troubleshoot vehicle electrical, it's something that I'd leave alone and get rid of the car for parts / scrap and get another.

·
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hey Man.. Yup.. one plate and 9 screws later.. it's still attached. Feel it every step. Gonna have surgery next month to take out the horizontal screw.. supposed to be 25% less pain and 25% more mobility. That would be awesome. I'm glad You survived Yours too, brah. Sometimes it's easy to forget You're driving a 2000 lb projectile 60 mph..
As for leaving alone, nope. Failure is NOT an option. Something I say often now is, "If I ever gave up, I'd be dead.". I've done practically everything to this car. I've taken out the engine harness for cleaning twice. Doing it again. Take a look at my signature to get a small sample of what I've done. I saved this damn thing. It used to slip into neutral, while driving, 2 years ago.. multiple d&f's and solenoid screen cleanings and it shifts great now somehow.. I'm a hands on person and have done many electrical things.. I'll find the problem. Was just putting this up here to help someone in the future. Nothing has ever been easy in My life, so this fits. I'll get this car I call ChupaCarBrah, running soon..
Aloha 🤙

P.s. I'll have more pics soon. No Burns on ANY motherboards, that I've noticed.. Hmmmmmmm 🤔...
IMG_20180815_124247422.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
You could have fried the immobilizer if you car has one. No signal no start. The PCM's not a bad place to start either, but it'll have to be programmed. You might have to test a bunch of wires to see what else fried along that circuit. Sounds like a doozy of a repair. Best of luck!

·
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
You could have fried the immobilizer if you car has one. No signal no start. The PCM's not a bad place to start either, but it'll have to be programmed. You might have to test a bunch of wires to see what else fried along that circuit. Sounds like a doozy of a repair. Best of luck!
Thanks brah! I'm a locksmith, so programming is no problem..
Anybody know if the ignition switch is fixable? Aka resolderable? If that's a word. Haha. It failed testing.. No continuity between white/BLK(acc) and white(batt) with key at acc(I) position.. Yup.. It's fried.. Looks like they're $25 on eBay. this is adding up.. Aloha
IMG_20210616_083403768.jpg

Attachments

·
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Figured might as well clean and redo My engine harness.. Aloha 🤙
IMG_20210616_173139359.jpg

·
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, well.. a cut ground..😬

Screenshot_20210620-014711.png
Screenshot_20210620-014836.png

·
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
K.. ran out of electric
IMG_20210624_185352.jpg
tape.. so, I'm done. I'll let You know how it goes! Aloha

Reactions: bcgreen

·
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AuRaI..

K.. fuel pump primes how it should.. Got communication with ECU.. But, still no start.. 1 and 4 spark at distributor.. 2&3 don't. Remembered I couldn't shift out of park, so cleaning this assembly. Gotta check My lock up solenoid also. I think the positive touched it during the $#!+ spark show. I know it touched one of the ATF lines at the 90° curve because it burned a little hole through it. Plugged it. I feel like I'm getting closer to getting it running. I sure as hell hope so.. No codes. Aloha

IMG_20210628_233118.jpg

·
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cleaned transmission range sensor. Read in the service manual, if You can't shift out of park, test the TRS (continuity test). FAIL. The thing was packed with mud and an inner screw was loose. Did a thorough cleaning, sanded the copper.. We shall see. Fixed the burn hole in the ATF pipe better. Dremel Cut out a section and Replaced it with clamped hose. with the hose out the way, took off my torque converter shift solenoid and koof night!
IMG_20210630_124609.jpg
. UGG LEE.. Waiting for this to dry. Then gonna put back the og mitsuba coil, the top metal on the tower was angled.. burned? So I filed it back to shape and will try to stretch the spring a little in the cap. I hope it starts. Hope everyone's having a nice day.
Aloha ❤🤙💪😊
IMG_20210630_125020.jpg
IMG_20210630_125034.jpg IMG_20210630_124636.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts