Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to the turn off the voice that confirms everything you do in the EXL w/Navi? There is a voice that confirms every channel change, source change, info, phone, etc. It is very annoying, any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
System settings > interface dial feedback > Off

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Now that I have the Siri Eyes Free update working, is there any way to completely turn off the Honda voice? I mean, more than what System settings > interface dial feedback > Off does.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
210 Posts
As I replied in the "Turn off voice" topic:
…in my Accord EX-L with navi there is no setting like that in Vehicle settings [to turn off the Honda voice recognition that activates when you tap the steering wheel's press-to-talk button].

In System settings I have Voice prompt Off and Song by voice Off.

The Honda voice recognition (not Siri) still is in effect when I tap the press to talk button on the steering wheel. No setting was found anywhere to disable this. When I hold it for about 2 seconds and then release the press to talk button on the steering wheel, then the double note sound of Siri appears and then I'm using Siri and not the Honda voice system.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks! I was wondering this exact thing the other day.

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
The 'Song By Voice' feature has to do with using our own voices to select the music. I don't think it has any control over the voice in the car.

·
Stock Pssh...Yeah right!
301 Posts
Im a android fan boy....does the update work with say an ipod touch or ipad?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts