Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any issues with their turn signals going fast while on. I have aftermarket headlights and was wondering how i would find the source of this issue because its not the lights. Its something with the wiring.

·
Wisdom Born of Age
1,750 Posts
Typical of cheap LED's

·
Registered
86 Posts
If the turn signal speed changed immediately after the headlight install, then its the headlight. If the signal speed changed after, there is a chance a bulb in that circuit is burnt out.

·
Ballin' on a budget
424 Posts
If the turn signal speed changed immediately after the headlight install, then its the headlight. If the signal speed changed after, there is a chance a bulb in that circuit is burnt out.
To further clarify, the turn signal relay in our Accords looks for a certain level of current flowing through the circuit. With aftermarket bulbs and headlights, they might use less current and the flasher relay thinks that a bulb is burned out so it flashes at double speed to let the driver know that there is a problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I had it checked out the light worked on my friends accord, and it started before I installed my headlights. Had all the fuses checked multiple times and all my lights work.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If its a regular bulb and blink fast, it means one of the bulb is out. If it is LED turn signal bulbs, you need a resistor to stop the hyper flashing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts