Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've noticed this happening several times but tonight was rather weird... So I was making a left turn with my left turn signal on and noticed the lights arrows wouldn't stop blinking after I proceed to the next street. I decided to turn the right signal on and placed it back to the "center" and was acting all crazy and wouldn't stop flickering arrows from both sides... I had to pull over and kinda mess around with the light switch and after 2 mins it was acting normal again.

Has anyone else been having this issue too?

Is this something legit that I can take my Accord in to the dealership and have reviewed?

Thanks

-Ricky

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
It shouldn't do that. You definitely should go to a dealer, as I could see how that would be very annoying and it would be covered by warranty.

·
Tampa FL
374 Posts
So I've noticed this happening several times but tonight was rather weird... So I was making a left turn with my left turn signal on and noticed the lights arrows wouldn't stop blinking after I proceed to the next street. I decided to turn the right signal on and placed it back to the "center" and was acting all crazy and wouldn't stop flickering arrows from both sides... I had to pull over and kinda mess around with the light switch and after 2 mins it was acting normal again.

Has anyone else been having this issue too?

Is this something legit that I can take my Accord in to the dealership and have reviewed?

Thanks

-Ricky
The new Accord have a feature that if you just flick the turn signal a little bit, it will flash 3 times and then turn off; the same thing happened to me; and I though that my turn signals went crazy; then I realized that because I kept turning it to one side and the other for it to stop, I was actually making it worse.
Try just a small flick before it clicks and you will see what I meant; the fact that you kept touching the turn signal lever meant that it would not stop.

personally, I do not like this "feature" too much, it is too short for lane changes

hope this helps

·
Banned
251 Posts
The new Accord have a feature that if you just flick the turn signal a little bit, it will flash 3 times and then turn off; the same thing happened to me; and I though that my turn signals went crazy; then I realized that because I kept turning it to one side and the other for it to stop, I was actually making it worse.
Try just a small flick before it clicks and you will see what I meant; the fact that you kept touching the turn signal lever meant that it would not stop.

personally, I do not like this "feature" too much, it is too short for lane changes

hope this helps
Yes thats what it most likely is

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
From the manual.

■ One-touch turn signal
When you lightly push up or down and release
the turn signal lever, the exterior turn signals
and turn signal indicator blink three times.
This feature can be used when signaling for a
lane change.

Jay

·
Registered
4,223 Posts

hope this helps
I think one reason for this is the Lane Watch feature. If you don't signal to change lanes, then the visual and audio warning will go off. I religiously use my turn signal when changing lanes but numerous drivers change lanes every day without signaling. This feature lets the lazy driver do something to warn other drivers of their intentions without setting off the Lane Watch warning.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Yeah, I'm getting used to the 3 blink option. The down side is if you push up without locking it on, then think to yourself, 'I don't want to signal, let me cancel', and then you push down to cancel... You'll get the worst case.

Three blinks on one side, then three blinks the other way. :headbash: That's the only case that really annoys me. I can get used to the three blink push of the signal lever, I think.

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
Guys, I don't think that's what OP did. OP said his light arrows wouldn't turn off even after turning left. That's why he moved the stalk to the right to cancel.

·
Registered
9 Posts

hope this helps
Hate this feature too.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys, I don't think that's what OP did. OP said his light arrows wouldn't turn off even after turning left. That's why he moved the stalk to the right to cancel.

Yeah they won't stop blinking at all, when I place it back to the center it still blinks left and was driving like half a mile and wouldn't stop blinking.

Well I'll keep an eye out on how I use the the turn signals, I hope it's not me (user error) lol

If it means anything I have an Accord Sport.

-Ricky

·
Registered
514 Posts
Wow, could be a broken switch then. Sounds like a problem if you center it and it doesn't stop flashing in three blinks.

Also, if you click it all the way for right or left signal, then pull it back to center, it should stop immediately, not after 3 blinks. If you see something else, I'd stop by for service.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, could be a broken switch then. Sounds like a problem if you center it and it doesn't stop flashing in three blinks.

Also, if you click it all the way for right or left signal, then pull it back to center, it should stop immediately, not after 3 blinks. If you see something else, I'd stop by for service.
Yeah I might call for an appointment, too bad I have a road trip this weekend but don't want to have the turn signals going all crazy on me.

But is has been 3x since Sept 12th when I bought this vehicle, last night was the worst of the 3. Still love this car anyways haha

-Ricky

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yeah, I'm getting used to the 3 blink option. The down side is if you push up without locking it on, then think to yourself, 'I don't want to signal, let me cancel', and then you push down to cancel... You'll get the worst case.

Three blinks on one side, then three blinks the other way. :headbash: That's the only case that really annoys me. I can get used to the three blink push of the signal lever, I think.
This exact behaviour is also something that bugs me. My wife's 328i does the three blink thing, but if you change your mind you can cancel immediately by hitting the same direction. I wish our Accords would let you cancel in the same way...

·
Registered
884 Posts

Do you know why I pulled you over?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Do you know why I pulled you over?
Well, gee, Officer....

Was it because I signaled right, then didn't change lanes?

And then I signaled left?

But didn't change lanes?

And then you saw me wildly waving my arms and throwing a turn signal lever out my window on to the highway?

:dunno:

Or was it you were bored and needed to get a laugh?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Lol!

·
Registered
469 Posts
I know on modern BMWs, when you push the other way, it cancels the original signal.

That was in response to the original design: if you pushed down to engage the left blinker, push down again to cancel it.

I've never tried it, but does it work like so (I hold it manually - it's an old habit - hold it past the first blink, and the system will not continue the 3x blink, it will stop signaling when you let go of the stalk)?

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
From the manual.

■ One-touch turn signal
When you lightly push up or down and release
the turn signal lever, the exterior turn signals
and turn signal indicator blink three times.
This feature can be used when signaling for a
lane change.

Jay
I think OP may have experienced this...

·
Registered
203 Posts
This exact behaviour is also something that bugs me. My wife's 328i does the three blink thing, but if you change your mind you can cancel immediately by hitting the same direction. I wish our Accords would let you cancel in the same way...
My wife's 525 has the option to cancel the 3 blink in the Idrive menu. I like it in her car and in mine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts