Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone changed the light on the mirrors for turning signals?

I have an EX-L V6 sedan and want to make the turning signal light white, however i've not been able to find anything on the forum through searches. Any help appreciated.

Thanks.,

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm 99.9% sure that's illegal.
I already have my turning signals in the headlight assembly white. Just wanted to make everything uniform. IF i were to get a ticket, then i'll put in switch backs.

Driven near a few cops, no one's said anything (knock on wood).:grin

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Turn signal color requirement depends on the state. Generally, turn signal for the front can be Amber or White and for the rear can be Amber or Red.

OP, short of cracking open the mirrors to replace the individual amber LEDs, there is no other way of changing them.

·
EarthDreams
788 Posts
If you stay in Illinois you should be fine (I think). Most states do require a whiter bulb to be used with an amber lens, but I think Illinois allows white signals with no Amber in the front.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turn signal color requirement depends on the state. Generally, turn signal for the front can be Amber or White and for the rear can be Amber or Red.

OP, short of cracking open the mirrors to replace the individual amber LEDs, there is no other way of changing them.
was afraid of that lol, guess i'll be looking into switch backs. Think it looks weird with white front and and yellow side mirrors.

If you stay in Illinois you should be fine (I think). Most states do require a whiter bulb to be used with an amber lens, but I think Illinois allows white signals with no Amber in the front.
Yeah so far been good even when i had my sport. But to the quote above might be looking into switch back lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts