Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put a tv in my car, but don't have an idea on where. Can anyone help me with this and tell me a good place. I want to watch tv in a safe manner of course, maybe put a DVD in it so I can play music videos.

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
To clarify: You want a digital television to watch broadcast television shows or just a screen in witch (hey grammar police, it's Halloween!) to watch downloaded movies, videos, etc?

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
No for me, I'm pretty sure it isn't. My friends BMW has DVD playback.
The Laws vary from state to state. Summary is listed here. http://drivinglaws.aaa.com/laws/telematics/ Most factory setups only allow it while the car is in park.

Im going to be blunt. It is stupid to try to watch TV while driving. I dont care if you try to say its for the passenger, it will distract the driver. We should not need laws to dictate common sense. :thumbsdow

Jay

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
Your best bet might be mirroring your smartphone screen on the i-MID. User "qwertyking" did a good step-by-step in a thread called something like "Hacking the i-MID". Search, it should come up right away. IIRC, it costs like $500.

This would allow you to watch videos on i-MID. Moreover, if you buy Slingbox, you can even watch live TV and DVR content on the i-MID, I believe. You can also show Google Maps on the i-MID for navigation.

ALL WHILE THE CAR IS PARKED, OF COURSE. RIGHT? :)

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I want to put a tv in my car, but don't have an idea on where. Can anyone help me with this and tell me a good place. I want to watch tv in a safe manner of course, maybe put a DVD in it so I can play music videos.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
It's still a video! I hope you don't text while you drive. Having a video playing in the front is distracting.

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
Taxi drivers in Tokyo all have TV screens to watch live TV as well as DVDs.

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
Taxi drivers in Tokyo all have TV screens to watch live TV as well as DVDs.
Do they still have automatic swinging rear doors, and lace "sheets" on the seats?
:)

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
sounds expensive for no reason.... since ur gonna be stopped just get a tablet... i put my tablet in front of the imid.. kindle fire hd 7 fit perfectly.. as for internet i just use my phones hotspot

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts