Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
KCK
83 Posts
i dont see why you would be required to disconnect the stock tweeters when your installing a set of door speakers. id say its more up to preference.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Are these coax alpines? If so I would disconnect the stock tweets, well, because they ****. It's easy to do (at least in 7th gen). Just get a flat blade under the front of the grill and pop it up...pull it out and press the retainer on the wire plug and pull it out. Stuff the wire back in the dash and put the tweet/grill back on. If these are the component Alpines...pull the stock tweeters out and trim back the tweeter mount opening and sqeeze the Alpine tweets in (must be wired from the crossovers) and use a bit of hot glue and you're golden. I am running just eh 6.5" drivers with no tweeters (waiting on wiring kit) and it still sounds better than the stock speakers.

·
KCK
83 Posts
thats up to you. personally, i wouldnt pull them but other might. you could always see how they sound while hooked up and if u dont like it then disconnect them.

·
Registered
132 Posts
If there was one thing about the stock unit that was annoying was the tweets. They are too bright...and too much sssssss on vocals. Like I said, you're better off without and just let the coax tweet do the work. That is a nice set of coax's and they're designed to work together. Letting the stock play is no biggie but personally I'd just pull the plug. You don't have to remove the tweets, just disconnect the wire and put everything back in....10 minute job. Your call.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
all probably just install everything and play with it for a couple of days to decide if im going to disconnect them.

but first i need to install my new stereo.

i got a alpine cda-9886 and the two type r speakers for the doors all for $150. Even if there used i hooked them up to a car battery and it sounds amazing..cant wait to hear it in my car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts