Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the TWM short shifter with cable bushings and base bushings. All I can say is it makes a huge difference. The shift is tight, a lot closer and has a nice positive engagement. I would recommend this shifter to anybody who is looking for a short shifter and doesn't like the stock shifter. This setup made my car more enjoyable for me to drive. It might not be for everybody, but I now love the way my car shifts.

On a side note, I am only using the shifter and cable bushings. The base bushings do not work on my car.

I have a 2015 6-6 coupe btw

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! How was the installation? You should had a a DIY haha.
Install was a bit of a pain at certain times. The instructions they send you are missing a few vital things lol. But all in all, after doing it once I'm sure I could cut the install time in half now. There is an area that you have to cut or remove with a dremel in order to allow the bottom cable room to move. Also removing the shifter cup by yourself is a pain, but not much room for another set of hands either. I used pieces of wire to hold the tabs open after opening them up with a small pick. Worked out very well.

The shifter cable bushings were a big pain in the ass, but well worth it in the end. Not much room to work, hard to remove the stock bushings and having to remove a few extra bolts because the cables wouldn't go back on after installing the new bushings.

I also took the extra time to remove the shifter base to install the new base bushings. Waste of time because the shifter base bushings will not fit my car. They are too big in diameter and too short. I will assume this is the same on all 9th gen accords. Not sure if the coupe and sedan are the same though.

All in all I am happy with it. It's a whole lot shorter, tighter and a nice positive engagement.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any before and after pics?
Nope, but honestly you wouldn't see much from pictures. If you check out their website you can see pictures of everything. It makes a huge difference and was well worth it for me. It also brings the shifter back a bit which is good for taller drivers. I also used my stock shift knob so I didn't have to buy the shift boot retainer.

Just make sure you don't buy the shifter base bushings and look around for coupons. There are several coupon codes around on google. I found one that gave me 20% off.

Here is the exact shifter and parts that I bought. It says it shortens the throw by 35% and it's shorter by .5" but I think it reduces the throw by more then 35%.

Honda Accord 2013+ Short Throw Shifter

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
I was looking at those and it looks like a great upgrade. Just need to get the funds together. Was the coupon for 20% off of the shifter, or just the bushings?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was looking at those and it looks like a great upgrade. Just need to get the funds together. Was the coupon for 20% off of the shifter, or just the bushings?
The coupon was for the entire purchase before shipping. It was a great upgrade IMHO. Worth the money spent as I'm used to a sportier shift then the stock accord has.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wish they offered the full shifter replacement like they did for the 8th gen civic's
While looking around on their site I noticed those for other vehicles. After installing the shifter and cable bushings, I honestly wonder how much of a difference there would be. It would be easier to install, but cost a lot more I would think.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Nope, but honestly you wouldn't see much from pictures. If you check out their website you can see pictures of everything. It makes a huge difference and was well worth it for me. It also brings the shifter back a bit which is good for taller drivers. I also used my stock shift knob so I didn't have to buy the shift boot retainer.

Just make sure you don't buy the shifter base bushings and look around for coupons. There are several coupon codes around on google. I found one that gave me 20% off.

Here is the exact shifter and parts that I bought. It says it shortens the throw by 35% and it's shorter by .5" but I think it reduces the throw by more then 35%.

Honda Accord 2013+ Short Throw Shifter
so don't buy base bushing and boot retainer?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
While looking around on their site I noticed those for other vehicles. After installing the shifter and cable bushings, I honestly wonder how much of a difference there would be. It would be easier to install, but cost a lot more I would think.
Yeah the whole assembly for the 8th gen Civic is like 300 or something. I had it and didn't mind paying that much because it was an awesome short shifter :grin

·
Registered
228 Posts
The coupon was for the entire purchase before shipping. It was a great upgrade IMHO. Worth the money spent as I'm used to a sportier shift then the stock accord has.
That makes it a much better deal. Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so don't buy base bushing and boot retainer?
No, do NOT buy the shifter base bushings. They will not work.

The shift boot retainer is used for aftermarket shift knobs. It is not needed if you are using your stock shift knob like me. Everything looks stock besides being a bit shorter and a bit closer to the driver.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah the whole assembly for the 8th gen Civic is like 300 or something. I had it and didn't mind paying that much because it was an awesome short shifter :grin
I would probably have paid the extra money if it was available for our car. Would be interested to see how much better it could have made it. It is pretty nice the way it is now.

·
JaeDM
635 Posts
The CT Engineer short adapter works well too with the 6MT

·
Registered
52 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts