Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ultra.png
I bought this so I could compare antifreeze to Evans waterless coolant temperature and stock versus CAI. You can configure it however you want. I chose coolant temp, air intake temp, barometric pressure, and battery voltage. I thought it was a good deal at $70.

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
Can you post a larger picture? :dunno:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It even reads and clears OBDII codes. The only function lacking is oil pressure.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have one for another car and it has over 50 data points, although you can only display up to 6 on the first screen but you can scroll to other screens. It is also handy in telling you what check engine code is thrown if you get the check engine light. That way you can take a shot at fixing it yourself. I have found it very useful for that feature as well as engine data points like oil pressure and volts, although what it reads fir particular cars varies.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Great tools especially for the price. I used to use one on my Mazdaspeed 3 to monitor if I didn't have the accessport in the car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
514 Posts
Neat displays. Did you guys look at wireless OBD readers that hook to a smart phone or tablet vs. these displays? Can you post product names? I'm looking for something as well, and will probably go with a Bluetooth or wifi OBD reader, but am curious about the standalone displays as well.

·
No lifetime fluids!
1,019 Posts
Yes great tool. I have one in my '09. I looked it up before and IIRC oil pressure is not shown as it isn't measured by the ECU, only the idiot light is triggered by the oil pressure switch.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
Neat displays. Did you guys look at wireless OBD readers that hook to a smart phone or tablet vs. these displays? Can you post product names? I'm looking for something as well, and will probably go with a Bluetooth or wifi OBD reader, but am curious about the standalone displays as well.
If you want it to always work, and to readout datapoints quickly: Scantool MX

If you want it to maybe work and readout datapoints slower: there's a ton of generic Chinese ones on ebay and Amazon.

I originally went with the second option, it broke, and then went to the first option. The nice thing about using a BT OBDII scanner vs. Ultra Gauge, is you can use the display for other things too.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
ELM327. They work great.

·
Registered
923 Posts
So what OBD number is a 2013 Accord? II? Would like to buy one but have no idea what will work or not. I like the Bluetooth ones but also like a stand alone also. So any specs that I need to get one?

·
Registered
588 Posts
I use Scangauge 2. The biggest pain with it that manufacturer did not make a mount with suction cap for it at the time when I bought it so I don't have it. They make it now though. I think to order this mount now.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I use Scangauge 2. The biggest pain with it that manufacturer did not make a mount with suction cap for it at the time when I bought it so I don't have it. They make it now though. I think to order this mount now.
And I see you had a hybrid... Did you use the Scanguage with it? Did it show any of the hybrid systems information (battery voltages, charge rates, etc?) I'd like to be able to do that, but I think some of that will be custom to the vehicle.

·
Registered
588 Posts
And I see you had a hybrid... Did you use the Scanguage with it? Did it show any of the hybrid systems information (battery voltages, charge rates, etc?) I'd like to be able to do that, but I think some of that will be custom to the vehicle.
Yes I did. And while in theory the Scangauge can show those parameters I could not retrieve them because I did not know how to set PID correctly.
The Scangauge site does not give that information. This information is car make and model specific. Pruis owners were able to crack their PID to read hybrid battery parameters but no one found it for Honda.
Here is a link about it on hybrid forum: http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43322
I was able to use my Autoenginuity software to read hybrid battery but even this software did not give all the information that HDS can provide.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts