Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will replacing your factory strut tower brace to an "Ultra Racing Strut Tower Brace" void any warranty ??? :nerd

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Will replacing your factory strut tower brace to an "Ultra Racing Strut Tower Brace" void any warranty ??? :nerd
Definitely will not void your warranty. It isn't a part that could negatively effect anything directly on the vehicle as it is just strengthening the chassis at the front strut towers.

·
'15 6-6
565 Posts
They will use it as an evidence to avoid and refuse warranty. If your engine mounts failed, you know what'd the cause by dealers book; if your windshield cracked, you should know what the dealers will say. If you cracked your wheels, i guess no excuses there. I hope you won't claim about uneven tires wear, neither rattles, neither rack and pinion, neither ball joints, on an on. if you hydroplaning into an accident due to brake failure, you should know what they will blame on.

Don't give them a chance to refuse any warranty that you believe should be covered under warranty. Just my opinion.
Did you have a bad experience?

·
Dsclmr:DIY @ YourOwnRisks
1,224 Posts
I am sure most of us who did the mods know the Magnuson Moss law, but unless you could work with a service writer that has some righteous sense.

·
Registered
312 Posts
If you install an aftermarket part or make a modification that causes a problem they will not fix that problem.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the reply guys. :smile
Looks like I'll go ahead and buy the brace.
I'm sure there will be some improvement to the handling. I have the White Orchid Pearl, so it'll look just right.

·
Registered
745 Posts
If the aftermArket part makes another component fail then it won't be covered. Unless..you put your stock stuff back on and roll up to the dealer dumbfounded like I dunno what could have happened lol. Strut tower bar will be just fine.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I like the bar but, the fact that is white totally kills it for me. Can't the TDP guys get the manufacturer to offer it in different colors or at least black and natural aluminum finish?

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,708 Posts
I like the bar but, the fact that is white totally kills it for me. Can't the TDP guys get the manufacturer to offer it in different colors or at least black and natural aluminum finish?
It's steel...so no on the last part. But spray paint enamel works wonders.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
I am sure most of us who did the mods know the Magnuson Moss law, but unless you could work with a service writer that has some righteous sense.
Anyone who modifies the mechanical or electronics on a car that is still under the new car warranty is just shooting craps that they will not claim that your modification negatively affected the problem. Depending on an obscure law to get Honda to honor the warrany on a modified car could be a long and expensive court battle. BTW Honda has a legal department on salary with deep pockets. Go try to find an attorney who will take your case on a contingency basis to force Honda to perform warranty work on a modified car. :grin

·
Registered
512 Posts
Technically the law says the aftermarket part must cause the failure and this can be direct cause (ie. high output bulb melts your harness) or proximate cause (ie. strut tower brace created vibrations which caused premature wear of suspension components).

Ultimately I think its going to be dealership dependent. Some dealers are more accepting of aftermarket mods, some aren't. My cars have always been under full warranty coverage with no mods and even then my service advisor tells me every time "This is almost definitely going to be covered by the warranty unless it was caused by an environmental factor and our hourly labor rate is $115, have a nice day" I'd hate to be the guy who brings a modded out car to my dealership.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Thing is if you are worried if it will be covered with mods, remove the mods.

I mean I would never take my car to the dealer with the ECU flashed, or my RV6 Down Pipe on.

I would take it with duel exhaust and the Strut tower brace on it with no worries.

If you have something fail and it is a big money item or a warranty issue period, you have to try and get back to stock in any area of importance.

But if my motor blows, or a case is leaking then you need to do what you have to to get to stock before it goes in.

A strut tower brace is not going to void a warranty. I am not sure how it could even be a discussion? I mean what could it affect?

There was a person here who blew his motor not to long ago. He got it covered. Something about going up and over a hill and it died and would not start.

I believe to this day he was messing with his KTuner map and had no clue and blew his own motor. Of course he never admitted it here, but I would bet pink slips he blew his own motor and got warranty out of it.

Dealers are not all one eyed green monsters.

·
Superbikes do it better
515 Posts
Got mine!

Mine arrived today....with some free swag! The UR strut bar looks pretty stout...uses far more attachment points than the stock wet noodle that Honda supplied. Now my only question is whether or not to powder coat it a different color.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Just be smart about it and swap the bar out before you go in for any warranty service work. They won't know the difference. They are simply like insurance companies. They will say/do anything they can to get out of paying for repairs. Don't give them options.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts