Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Under Dash Ticking Noise - Air Motor

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Capt Bill 
#1 ·
So this noise just began today for no reason, under the drive side dash...just above the gas pedal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_QtKYC0U9o

The ticking noise can drive you insane.

Went under the dash, and can see the unit very easily, just above the gas pedal.

1. Question - What is the HONDA part number for a 2008 Sedan V6? Is it # 79160-TA5-A21 MOTOR ASSY., AIR MIX (DRIVER SIDE) $43.48
2. Is it an Air Duct Motor, or Air Mix Motor? What is the name of this thing?
3. I see it's held in by 3-4 screws, and 1 electrical connector....anything I'm missing here for replacement?

I'd like to buy the part online, save some money and install. You can see the unit very easily, just above the gas pedal, and it's huccuping, so to speak, clicking back and forth.

Very annoying!

I'd like to order the part asap.

Need to know about the above questions, thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
So this noise just began today for no reason, under the drive side dash...just above the gas pedal:

The ticking noise can drive you insane.

Went under the dash, and can see the unit very easily, just above the gas pedal.

1. Question - What is the HONDA part number for a 2008 Sedan V6? Is it # 79160-TA5-A21 MOTOR ASSY., AIR MIX (DRIVER SIDE) $43.48
2. Is it an Air Duct Motor, or Air Mix Motor? What is the name of this thing?
3. I see it's held in by 3-4 screws, and 1 electrical connector....anything I'm missing here for replacement?

I'd like to buy the part online, save some money and install. You can see the unit very easily, just above the gas pedal, and it's huccuping, so to speak, clicking back and forth.

Very annoying!

I'd like to order the part asap.

Need to know about the above questions, thanks!
Just heard mine on 2008 Accord for first time recently after 10 years of driving it. Will look to replace it myself too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.