Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just noticed the driver side spoiler is coming loose on the front. Near the wheel well. It moves a bit and looks like its bent. Maybe snow got in there? Should I take it into Honda or will they say its normal. Or will they not cover it under there 3 year warranty?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Dealer installed accessory? If yes, I'd take it in as it should be covered as a warranty item. You mentioned "bent". Sure you hadn't run over some road debris recently and didn't realize it?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Factory/dealer installed accessory? If yes, I'd take it in as it should be covered as a warranty item. You mentioned "bent". Sure you hadn't run over some road debris recently and didn't realize it?

No I didn't hit anything. Just the part near he left side front wheel looks not flesh with the body anymore it sticks out a little bit. ( I can feel the rubber on the inside part of the spolier.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone else care to chip in. Top part driver spolier feels bent barely but I have OCD.

·
No PRND
583 Posts
They are factory installed accessories and yes you should bring it back to the dealer that installed them. They should stand by their work but will look for a reason to pin it on you.

·
20th Gear
2020 Honda Accord Touring 2.0
149 Posts
They are factory installed accessories and yes you should bring it back to the dealer that installed them. They should stand by their work but will look for a reason to pin it on you.
The underbody spoilers are dealer or DIY installed, not at the factory. Possible that the tape holding the bracket has failed.

·
No PRND
583 Posts
The underbody spoilers are dealer or DIY installed, not at the factory. Possible that the tape holding the bracket has failed.
That's what I meant.. dealer, not factory :headbash: If you read the rest of my post its clear what I was saying.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's what I meant.. dealer, not factory :headbash: If you read the rest of my post its clear what I was saying.

Have to go to the dealer who installed them??? Ug i moved dealers in purpose.......

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But the whole spolier will be failing its just the top half at the front by the wheel well.... Poor design or they installed it wrong...

·
No PRND
583 Posts
Another dealer may do the work, but then they would be doing something for free for someone else's mistake (If it was installed wrong). If its a poor design, it shouldn't matter where you bring it. Any pics? I still think they may try to pin it on you but it doesn't sound like a terribly difficult repair.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another dealer may do the work, but then they would be doing something for free for someone else's mistake (If it was installed wrong). If its a poor design, it shouldn't matter where you bring it. Any pics? I still think they may try to pin it on you but it doesn't sound like a terribly difficult repair.

If they do I'll say that where are the dents in the paint :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If they do I'll say that where are the dents in the paint :D

No pics as of now as I'm on a train to work :D I get home when it's dark and leave when it's dark lol

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your right i just called and there saying there not sure until i bring it in. 45 minutes away and a week for now. How do you think i should tell them so they do not pin on me. There is no paint missing and everything looks fine what do you suggest i say?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anybody? im sorry im being pushy but i really don't want to spend money on something they most likely screwed up.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'm not sure anybody's going to be able to give you any advice here without having any pictures to reference. Once you get some posted, I think we'll be able to offer an opinion. There's a hook that gets taped on in the front, so most likely the tape has come loose, but you'll have to go to your dealer to get it fixed if you're not willing to do it yourself.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks ill do this tonight then! im just scared due to the fact dealerships like the rip you off blame you and everything else.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
my fault and they wont fix. Musta hit something and want to charge me over 1k for side spoliers again....

·
Registered
901 Posts
:worthless

·
Registered
234 Posts
Come on man! Post some pics! There may be another solution other than replacing the entire spoiler.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts