Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way home from selling my old car and picking up a 2009 Accord LX-P, I understeered for the first time in a LONG time. Coming from a highly modified Mitsubishi to the an Accord, I finally know what it feels like to have OEM suspension! LOL. Long story short, could it be the tires or is this pretty common with Accords or Honda for that matter? :dunno:

·
Banned
438 Posts
Stock suspension is one subject, upgrade.
Tires on the stock accords in my opinion are horrible. I actually put on I pike winter tires for the snow and those handle better than the stock all weather tires. If you are into modifying then you know what a set of summer tires will do for handling.
My opinion, good luck.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,068 Posts
I know my suspension isn't exactly stock with the chassis bracing stuff, but in testing the stability control in the rain I found that the car still steered exactly where I was expecting it to go. I was only testing it at < 35 mph though.

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,413 Posts
Honda's under steer.

Heck, most mass produced cars under steer. Why? It's the safest setup for the majority of drivers out there since the cars are used on the streets and not the track.

A car that under steers is more stable and predictable for these people who are just looking to get from point A to point B.

·
Registered
451 Posts
On the way home from selling my old car and picking up a 2009 Accord LX-P, I understeered for the first time in a LONG time. ... could it be the tires or is this pretty common with Accords or Honda for that matter? :dunno:
It's either both or just the second depending on the condition of your tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.