Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
MT or death
375 Posts
Herb Chambers is a big time dealer in my area [email protected] can attest to that.
That will be gone in no time at all.
I've always spent as little time as possible in Mass (no offense), but Herb Chambers is a big name. I'd bet money there's already a sale pending on this one.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Neat. Hope it does not turn out something like the sales manager's company toy with that mileage.

Cached search results show the same vin listed for a grand less. It appears they realized what they're sitting on and quickly and quietly bumped the price.

·
V6 6MT CBP
2,621 Posts
Not a bad price with that low of miles on it.....

·
Registered
747 Posts
Not a bad price with that low of miles on it.....
I was thinking the same thing. I was expecting it to be a bit higher given how rare it is, the low miles, and the fact that used car prices are ridiculously expensive right now.

·
MT or death
375 Posts
.... And it's gone.

Reactions: overlord

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
That didn't take long!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
While the manual versions of anything is much more rare than automatic versions nowadays, are we so sure that any possibilities of a MT Accord is discontinued in future gens for sure?

Has Honda come out and say that there won't be a manual Accord in the 11th gen?

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
636 Posts
While the manual versions of anything is much more rare than automatic versions nowadays, are we so sure that any possibilities of a MT Accord is discontinued in future gens for sure?

Well, given that last I checked, <2% of new car sales were manual transmissions... unfortunately I'd say it's a safe bet that it won't be coming back.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Honda said IC engines are off their future as of 2040 so yes, it's probably dead dead.

Reactions: emeron

·
Registered
63 Posts
I get that it's from a dealer, but does anyone else feel like that was a bit overpriced or is it because of the V6? That would have cost about $1k more than my brand new 2020 EX with taxes, fees, licensing, etc added on to the $26k.

·
MT or death
375 Posts
I get that it's from a dealer, but does anyone else feel like that was a bit overpriced or is it because of the V6? That would have cost about $1k more than my brand new 2020 EX with taxes, fees, licensing, etc added on to the $26k.
It has a couple things going on. With almost no miles and a CPO warranty, you're essentially getting a brand new car. A '17 6-speed coupe is probably the single most desirable used "enthusiast" Accord since it's the very last of its kind. The market for these isn't large, but the people who are looking for them want them real bad.

Reactions: SleepyHobo

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Well, given that last I checked, <2% of new car sales were manual transmissions... unfortunately I'd say it's a safe bet that it won't be coming back.
Sure. You're right. The sales number is pathetic, though I'm really not in a position to judge as I never bought, or really considered buying any MT Accord. I'm not good enough of a MT driver to deal with it everyday, plus I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a chore in the thru traffic everyday that'll mess up my knees if I were to get one. Hope they do come back though and good MT drivers who don't mind to row the gears will snap one up if it happens.
Honda said IC engines are off their future as of 2040 so yes, it's probably dead dead.
Sure. Very likely... but until it happens... there's still hope.... just a tiny bit though.
It had a manual transmission. That's where the premium came from.

It's a dying breed now. There might be no more ever again. :cry:

Reactions: SleepyHobo

·
Registered
428 Posts
The total package of a v6 matched to a manual in its’ last year offered. Rarely do you see Honda’s with such low miles too. Since manuals in Accords are a thing of the past and used car prices are overly inflated.. Dealers and private parties can ask whatever they want. Depends up until what threshold that buyers keep paying this increased tax. I feel bad for desperate people in the market right now.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
That car was investment grade.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If someone is interested...I'm too far and not in the market but if there ever was a unicorn, this is it...last year of production 6-6 with 6K miles.

Those are Awesome, but I needed a Sedan with family of 5 so I just picked up my 2007 V6 6speed in Excelent condition elderly driven with all maintenece records including new clutch and timing belt with a babied 110k miles. Like newww to me, it even has the upgraded stereo integrated into steering controls with android/apple play and full navigation haha.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I get that it's from a dealer, but does anyone else feel like that was a bit overpriced or is it because of the V6?
well, it sold...so I guess it wasn't overpriced...
That would have cost about $1k more than my brand new 2020 EX with taxes, fees, licensing, etc added on to the $26k.
Your '20 has a V6??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts