Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to replace the tires on my 2007 Accord and I'm thinking about going with Uniroyal Tiger Paws.

Before I do, I was wondering in anyone on this forum has any feedback regarding this tire on this car.

Thanks.

Brad

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I had Uniroyal Tiger Paws come as OEM on my '97 S10. They were the worst tires I ever owned. But that was 14 years ago and they were passenger car tires that had no business being on a truck, even if it was 2WD. I would browse through reviews on TireRack (if they carry them).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had Uniroyal Tiger Paws come as OEM on my '97 S10. They were the worst tires I ever owned. But that was 14 years ago and they were passenger car tires that had no business being on a truck, even if it was 2WD. I would browse through reviews on TireRack (if they carry them).
Could you please explain why they were so bad?

I actually had a set on my '89 GMC 1500 pick up. They were on the truck when I bought it new. They were the longest lasting tire I have ever owned. I got 70,000 miles out of those tires. Granted, I check the air pressure every month, rotate every 4,000 miles, and since it was a 2WD truck, I ran studded snow tires for several months of the year.

But I'm interested in more than just how long they lasted. That last vehicle I had them on was a truck. It rode good enough (for a truck). How well do they ride on an Accord?

I checked Tirerack.com and they don't seem to carry them.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I check the air pressure in my tires every week. I had both rear tires blow out on my S10 while on a dirt road on a camping trip. It wasn't a 4x4 road, just a dirt road with some rocks and gravel that I had taken my Camaro down before without issue. I had to use my spare and a buddy's spare to get off the trail. Both front tires were chewed up with pieces of the tread missing. The truck had less than 10k miles on it and GM and Uniroyal denied warranty coverage because it was a 2WD truck that wasn't intended for "severe" off-road usage. It's possible I just got some from a bad batch, but I wasn't about to go spend more money to find out.

I haven't used them on any other vehicle. I currently have Goodyear Eagle GTs on my Accord and have been very happy with them especially considering the fairly low price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts