Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,

My 2003 Coupe, I4MT5, is not known to shed parts, even with >300,000 km of road behind her.

Today I did a wheel cleaning in preparation for new tires. I clean so they don't balance the dirt, which is a bit anal.

This plastic ring was on the garage floor just inboard of the right left, driver's, tire. And was found when I removed that wheel.

Screwdriver tip for scale.

I'd be pleased if someone in our group could tell me when to reinstalled this black plastic ring.

Attachments

·
Elvira
3,875 Posts
It appears to be related to a twist-in bulb socket. The two tab variety that is pushed into place and the tabs catch underneath to lock it in.

Maybe?

Reactions: Cepega

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.

The driver's side head/running light fixtures are obscured by the battery, but are clearly visible on the passengers side, which I assume would be the same on both sides.

The fixtures show nothing that looks like this errant black plastic ring.

I'll update if I figure this out.

·
Elvira
3,875 Posts
foglights?

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
That is fairly small size, so something like parking lights and/or turn signals. Did you recently have the battery serviced/ changed, any work performed in that area?

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Looks like a dycquefoure

·
Elvira
3,875 Posts
What the heck is a dycquefoure ????;)

·
Registered
04, v6 accord, ¿lx?, BAYA, J30A4
214 Posts
I imagine I’m not alone in this and I’m pretty sure everyone that has commented and most who have seen this feel the same….

I know this piece… it looks so familiar!

But where do I know it from????

It looks like a grommet on one side… BUT!#*%! It looks like a quarter turn thread on the other…

Imma slap my fiddy cents on the bar and parlé either abs wiring to wheel well grommet or starter wiring grommet!

{side bet for piece of wheel cover… need banana for scale as handleless screwdriver is bad for size ratio)

[also… it KINDA resembles splash guard hold downs (Like the ones that hold the wheel well to the fender ) but again size comparison is the issue )]

pps: could a broken/bent female component of this be what it is??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts