Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I place my hand on the door handle and the car beeps the driver and passenger door unlock. The only ways I've found to unlock the rear doors are to use the fob or hit the button near my window switches. Is this the only way it works? I looked in the manual before and didn't see any way to change it.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I'm sure it's in the manual. I set mine to open all 4. First thing I do in any new car is play with all the settings, if I recall it's one of the first things I found playing with the iMID menus...

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
It's in the iMID menu. If you set it to unlock all 4 doors with the keyless entry, it'll do so with the Smart Entry too.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Same thing happens with the passenger door on the coupe. I have the system set to open all doors. When I touch the driver side door handle only the driver side door unlocks. If I touch the right door handle both the driver and the passenger side door unlock. I would like for both doors to unlock when touching either door handle. Does anyone know how to remedy this?

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
Same thing happens with the passenger door on the coupe. I have the system set to open all doors. When I touch the driver side door handle only the driver side door unlocks. If I touch the right door handle both the driver and the passenger side door unlock. I would like for both doors to unlock when touching either door handle. Does anyone know how to remedy this?
I'm really sure it's under Smart Entry in the iMID. I'll try to remember to look tomorrow morning when I get in.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, it's in there. Just set it. The car has to be on. Hit Display, Vehicle Settings, Keyless something, Door Unlock, Unlock All Doors.

I actually took my manuals to lunch with me one day and looked all through there the first few days I had my car. Couldn't find it in the manuals. Maybe I'm mis-remembering and was looking for something else. Easy to find when I just started digging through the onscreen displays.

Plus, I think the default may be to have it unlock all doors. When I bought the car they asked if I wanted all the doors to unlock when I was getting out of the car. I thought I wouldn't want to park and unlock my door and have doors unlock automatically - what if a zombie wants to get in the back passenger side!

Thanks.

·
Registered
227 Posts
OK, it's in there. Just set it. The car has to be on. Hit Display, Vehicle Settings, Keyless something, Door Unlock, Unlock All Doors.

I actually took my manuals to lunch with me one day and looked all through there the first few days I had my car. Couldn't find it in the manuals. Maybe I'm mis-remembering and was looking for something else. Easy to find when I just started digging through the onscreen displays.

Plus, I think the default may be to have it unlock all doors. When I bought the car they asked if I wanted all the doors to unlock when I was getting out of the car. I thought I wouldn't want to park and unlock my door and have doors unlock automatically - what if a zombie wants to get in the back passenger side!

Thanks.
Rick has taught you well, walkers could be lurking anywhere!! :lmao:

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I'm really sure it's under Smart Entry in the iMID. I'll try to remember to look tomorrow morning when I get in.
I have the system set to unlock all doors. It opens both doors from the right door but not from the left door.

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
I have the system set to unlock all doors. It opens both doors from the right door but not from the left door.
Idk if it's different for coupes but shouldn't be.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Idk if it's different for coupes but shouldn't be.
This morning I checked how I had the door unlock set and I had it set to driver door only. I changed it to all doors and now they both unlock when I touch either door handle.

Today's cars have so many digital settings it's hard to remember how they are all set. :notworthy

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
My previous car had smart entry sensors on the rear door handles as well, which made it convenient for me to bring our kid into his car seat. When I got Accord, I kept sighing because I had to use a remote (defeats the purpose of smart entry) or touch one of the front door handles first to unlock. Not easy when you have your hands full with a kid and/or stuff. I can almost hear the collective groan but you'd not understand if you never had it before, kinda like BJ. :) It's probably a cost saving measure, but I wish Accord had rear sensors.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Old thread but I've got an odd one. With my key fob (user 1) all the doors unlock when I put my hand on the driver door handle. With my wife's key fob (user 2) only the drivers door unlocks. What's up with that. Do I need to do the unlock doors setting with both key fobs present?

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Old thread but I've got an odd one. With my key fob (user 1) all the doors unlock when I put my hand on the driver door handle. With my wife's key fob (user 2) only the drivers door unlocks. What's up with that. Do I need to do the unlock doors setting with both key fobs present?
The car stores different settings for each key fob. Whichever key fob you happen to have on you when you enter the car will trigger the settings for that key. If you want to customize the settings for a particular key and you happen to have both keys on you, simply unlock the doors using the remote (not the smart access) of the key you want to use. Then, go into the vehicle settings and set your/her preferences.

I hope this makes sense.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts