Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The day I picked up the car, I noticed wind noise coming from both front windows/doors.

Long story short, during my first oil change, I talked about it to my service rep and sure enough, there was a TSB out.

Couldn't do it sooner but last week, they performed the TSB and now it's gone. :banana:

So if you guys are experiencing wind noise coming from the front windows/doors, get her done ;)

·
Hello
104 Posts
what was making the noise?

i use to get a clicking noise around the B pillar but it seems to have gone away

i checked in and out of the car couldnt seem to find out whats making such noise

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Missing sealant in window seals near b pillar apparently. There might be a better description on the fix online, if you look for that particular TSB.

·
S mode
382 Posts
since you did this at the dealer, you should have the receipt from the dealer regarding the TSB, can you post the TSB# on here? I check my vin but no recall.

·
Banned
308 Posts
I believe I asked elsewhere but not sure I got an answer - is this issue "fixed" on the 2014s coming off the factory now? ie have they changed their manufacturing process to add said extra sealant as they do when they do the "TSB fix"?

·
S mode
382 Posts
I have the same wind noise issue, but I can't find the TSB.

@Lockeed, can you post us the TSB # since you just had this done, pls?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll look it up, not sure if the TSB # is written on the bill. Keep in mind that I'm located in Quebec, Canada. We might have different #s...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Either way, if you have wind noise, notify the dealer and they'll take care of it. Just mention there's a TSB in case they don't check.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I popped weatherstripping out today and saw that there was nothing in there so I ordered 3 x 500mm of EPT sealer from College Hills Honda for $15. I'm going to do all the windows like one of the previous posters. I'll report back with the difference!

·
S mode
382 Posts
I'm from the U.S and I called Honda HQ and there was no TSB for Wind Noise, therefore they're not doing anything about this. So bs, Service Mgr told me last time that the dealer technician can't work on it since there is no TSB since they have no guidelines to follow.

Either way, if you have wind noise, notify the dealer and they'll take care of it. Just mention there's a TSB in case they don't check.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I believe I asked elsewhere but not sure I got an answer - is this issue "fixed" on the 2014s coming off the factory now? ie have they changed their manufacturing process to add said extra sealant as they do when they do the "TSB fix"?
2014 EX-L V6 here and NO the issue is not fixed. The 2014 is really just a rubber stamp of the 2013 model. Not going to reiterate old posts, but the wind noise is worse than civic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. Tons of posts out there on Wind Noise, but I'll just add my 2014 EX-L does not have the EPL sealer, and I also experience wind noise.

I called Honda and the TSB does not apply to 2014, even though it seems they did nothing to correct a known problem. What gets me is they have the TSB, but decided not to take action on new 2014s. Maybe I'm missing something?

Anyway, I just ordered the EPL from College Hill Honda and will try it myself. Seems some have had success, others no so much, but for a few $ worth a try.

Steve

·
?????
218 Posts
I seem to be getting wind noise in the cabin, my question would be.. if i bring it in for maintenance with window visors, do you think they will perform the TSB? I currently have the OEM window visors installed on my sedan and I'm just afraid they might use that against me.. and say that might be the cause of the wind noise. anyone think this may be the case? any opinions would be appreciated.

·
S mode
382 Posts
It's a possibility they will use it against you. From my experience, they would use w/e you mod for a reason to not work on it. Stupid dealer!

I seem to be getting wind noise in the cabin, my question would be.. if i bring it in for maintenance with window visors, do you think they will perform the TSB? I currently have the OEM window visors installed on my sedan and I'm just afraid they might use that against me.. and say that might be the cause of the wind noise. anyone think this may be the case? any opinions would be appreciated.

·
S mode
382 Posts
I finally got time to test drive another 2013 Accord from the dealer and GUESS WHAT??? There was no WIND NOISE!!! fu*king tech and dealer is being lazy to get my fix.

Just made another call back to American HQ since they were involved in my wind noise case open 2 months ago and they deem this as normal, which is bs! We'll see what they'll say now that another vehicle off the lot has no wind noise!

Sorry for the rage.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts