·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

First time poster
TIA for any advice

I read over the forums and am not sure of the working answer

Want to upgrade stereo in 2010 crosstour ex-L any way possible without losing hands free or bluetooth capabilities

Best I could see in forums was buying 2 6 1/2 inch rear door low power speakers

Does anyone have any better ideas for better system upgrades without sacrificing above mentioned functions and without producing speaker noise from noise cancellation system?

Thanks for all advice!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well I have the premium system in my cross tour and it sounds great. except the bass wasn't doing it for me because I'm used to have subs in my car. So I replaced the stock sub with an amp and a subwoofer. The car audio installers disconnected the noise cancellation miss and it didn't affect my hands free at all. I can still talk to people and make calls with the blue tooth.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. What

What amp/sub did you use? Did you replace the rear speakers also?
Thanks much!

·
Registered
9 Posts
i used a jl 500/1v2 and a 12w6v2 in a sealed box. I will probably replace the rear speakers later on in the future. Im working on HID lights for now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I upgraded my entire sound system. I still maintain the steering wheel controls with a addition of a PAC steering wheel control add on. Also the double din has a bluetooth upgrade available but I dont use that. It sounds amazing and only cost around 1000$. Yours could be less I ran a 4 channel amp and a sub amp and replaced all speakers and used a 5 Farad cap for voltage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Honda guy

what components did you use?

What did you do with the noise cancellation attachment?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I used all Pioneer components the ANC was gone with the factory head unit so it was not an issue. When I was running my OEM head unit I had unplugged the ANC from the back to disable it as disconnecting the Mics did not work.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Hi

First time poster
TIA for any advice

I read over the forums and am not sure of the working answer

Want to upgrade stereo in 2010 crosstour ex-L any way possible without losing hands free or bluetooth capabilities

Best I could see in forums was buying 2 6 1/2 inch rear door low power speakers

Does anyone have any better ideas for better system upgrades without sacrificing above mentioned functions and without producing speaker noise from noise cancellation system?

Thanks for all advice!
May i ask what youre wanting to improve? highs, mids, etc?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Improvements

Desmond-
Trying to improve overall quality over stock radio/speakers-- my wife's CrossTour.
I have a 2012 TL with Technology package, and the stereo alone, not counting the 5.1 capability is awesome compared to the CrossTour.
Not as good as aftermarket stereo/speaker/amp upgrades I've had in other cars, but very good nonetheless.

Looking to give her a better audio experience as a gift

Thanks for any input!

Barry

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Desmond-
Trying to improve overall quality over stock radio/speakers-- my wife's CrossTour.
I have a 2012 TL with Technology package, and the stereo alone, not counting the 5.1 capability is awesome compared to the CrossTour.
Not as good as aftermarket stereo/speaker/amp upgrades I've had in other cars, but very good nonetheless.

Looking to give her a better audio experience as a gift

Thanks for any input!

Barry
PM me if/when you can bro. The ELS is great in my TL as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts