Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
So today I installed the LED High beams ... It was very easy to do .... I took some pics along the way to show the steps ... The passenger side is the only steps Ill post since the diver side is easily accessible. Ill see how the look at night and update later

LED - LASFIT 9005/HB3 LED High Beam Headlight Bulbs Kit ----

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
How is the throw at night? All the stuff I've read says led without a projector won't throw as far as a halogen. Especially since the headlight refractor is built for a halogen instead of a LED. Is it comparable to you?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How is the throw at night? All the stuff I've read says led without a projector won't throw as far as a halogen. Especially since the headlight refractor is built for a halogen instead of a LED. Is it comparable to you?

I don’t have any before pics of the throw but I can take some of the after and upload ... Maybe Sled14 can take some before of the throw ����
The touring models have LED high beams ... do they make the housing different in those?

·
Banned
438 Posts
I don’t have any before pics of the throw but I can take some of the after and upload ... Maybe Sled14 can take some before of the throw ����
The touring models have LED high beams ... do they make the housing different in those?
The touring has completely different housings...

Serious question...am I the only one that actually prefers the look of the NON touring headlights?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Of course it does...what's your point?
My point is you posted “The touring has completely different housings...”

I thought you were suggesting that my steps to install LED would be different on the Touring ...

My point is that there isn’t any steps because it already has LED high beams

·
Banned
438 Posts
My point is you posted “The touring has completely different housings...”

I thought you were suggesting that my steps to install LED would be different on the Touring ...

My point is that there isn’t any steps because it already has LED high beams
I responded to this...

my response was to show that yes, the housing between the two is VERY different...its not like they just swap in an LED bulb at the factory.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I responded to this...

my response was to show that yes, the housing between the two is VERY different...its not like they just swap in an LED bulb at the factory.

Gotcha ... but this post is how to upgrade the high beams to LED.

I would be interested in what LED they use in the touring.

I need to find a dark road and take some pics of the throw

·
Banned
438 Posts
Gotcha ... but this post is how to upgrade the high beams to LED.

I would be interested in what LED they use in the touring.

I need to find a dark road and take some pics of the throw
I understand this thread is about upgrading...but YOU ASKED if the housing was different...so I answered...

as for the high beams, its going to be a similar setup to the low beams you have on your non-touring...not just a traditional bulb...you can see the whole setup is very different where your high beam bulbs go on the non-touring models...the touring housings are designed for LED's and they are integrated into the housing...

i actually prefer the look of the non-touring housing, from a purely aesthetic point of view

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I understand this thread is about upgrading...but YOU ASKED if the housing was different...so I answered...

as for the high beams, its going to be a similar setup to the low beams you have on your non-touring...not just a traditional bulb...you can see the whole setup is very different where your high beam bulbs go on the non-touring models...the touring housings are designed for LED's and they are integrated into the housing...

i actually prefer the look of the non-touring housing, from a purely aesthetic point of view

Thanks ... My apologies ... I remember now ... I was wondering about the housing if it had a reflector or not :)

I agree ... I like the non-touring as well :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks for this thread looking to put some high beam LED's in my wifes 18 Accord. Do you get any kind of interference with the radio or warning lights? I put some aftermarket LED's in my Camaro and now have interference with my radio. Thanks!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for this thread looking to put some high beam LED's in my wifes 18 Accord. Do you get any kind of interference with the radio or warning lights? I put some aftermarket LED's in my Camaro and now have interference with my radio. Thanks!
I don't use them much since they are high beams but the next few days are supposed to be foggy :thmsup:

1 - 20 of 91 Posts