Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
So today I installed the LED High beams ... It was very easy to do .... I took some pics along the way to show the steps ... The passenger side is the only steps Ill post since the diver side is easily accessible. Ill see how the look at night and update later

LED - LASFIT 9005/HB3 LED High Beam Headlight Bulbs Kit ----
Thank you so much man! I was pulling my hair out over this. Like what genius over at honda thought it would be a good idea to put led fog lights and led low beams then that ugly, yellow incandescent high beam. I literally just left the Honda dealer looking for the led high beam bulbs. They said they don't have it (go figure). So I'm like well the touring has em, just give me that bulb. Then I find out it's a whole different assembly. So I was like well what if my fog light or low beam goes out? They was like well you'd have to buy the entire headlight assembly. I literally lol'd and walked out. I'm sure that'll cost a fortune. Good thing it's covered under the 3yr/36k. It's like they are purposely trying to piss us off.

The auto parts stores were no help...they have nothing and I mean nothing for an 18 accord. It's as if the aftermarket companies don't want to make any money. Wish I was in the biz. Anywho, wondering if the auto high beam feature still works with these or if you get any voltage spikes? I know it probably is a different voltage. Again, I freaking love you. Imma add you so if you (or I) come across any other neat aftermarket things we can share with each other. Currently looking for a bra and a remote start option. Conveniently, that can't be added through the dealer either. They can't get it. Even though it's standard on other models. Makes no sense to me. Just like the headlight assemblies. It is what it is. First Honda and probably last if they're going to be this complicated! Definitely getting rid of this thing b4 the warranty is up.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Currently looking for a bra and a remote start option. Conveniently, that can't be added through the dealer either. They can't get it. Even though it's standard on other models.
It can be added they will just give you an aftermarket one. Now that i do not understand as the upper trims have OEM remote start BUT your dealer can not even order the OEM part to give a lower trim the remote start.

Just flat out weird

·
Registered
14 Posts
What's the difference between the one the OP posted and this one?

Would this one be the same color, but brighter? The one I just posted is 45w per side. Since I have the hybrid EX, I would imagine even these 90w LEDs would draw less power then the stock halogen lights.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I took some pics again tonight and shot a video. I manually adjusted the camera's setting so it didnt make it appear brighter than they are. I did as best i could to get this to look exactly like what i was seeing with my own eyes.

low beam

High beam

·
Registered
437 Posts
Anyone want to take a flier on these? Supposedly are genuine Philips brand LED bulbs. Had no idea they had led headlight bulbs any other time ive searched for them nothing ever has shown up, just came across these randomly

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-Philips-HB3-HB4-200-bulb-light-LED-6000K-Pure-White-Headlight-lamp/302698904463?_trkparms=aid=444000&algo=SOI.DEFAULT&ao=1&asc=50999&meid=d27d0935cbf74e99b2adcf70660e3fb5&pid=100752&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=382451349441&itm=302698904463&_trksid=p2047675.c100752.m1982

·
Registered
286 Posts
Anyone want to take a flier on these? Supposedly are genuine Philips brand LED bulbs. Had no idea they had led headlight bulbs any other time ive searched for them nothing ever has shown up, just came across these randomly

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-Philips-HB3-HB4-200-bulb-light-LED-6000K-Pure-White-Headlight-lamp/302698904463?_trkparms=aid=444000&algo=SOI.DEFAULT&ao=1&asc=50999&meid=d27d0935cbf74e99b2adcf70660e3fb5&pid=100752&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=382451349441&itm=302698904463&_trksid=p2047675.c100752.m1982
I bought a pair on powerbulbs with 25% off coupon. Installed and found out my passenger side beam is higher than the driver side. I am playing with the settings to see if I can get them lined up.

They come in with L/R marked on the side and our beam is like upside down (so L is on the right side). But still not sure if it has anything to do with misalignment. Both bulbs are straight vertically. The default setting is +90 deg but I have to rotate it to -90 to have R on passenger side.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
437 Posts

I bought a pair on powerbulbs with 25% off coupon. Installed and found out my passenger side beam is higher than the driver side. I am playing with the settings to see if I can get them lined up.

They come in with L/R marked on the side and our beam is like upside down (so L is on the right side). But still not sure if it has anything to do with misalignment. Both bulbs are straight vertically. The default setting is +90 deg but I have to rotate it to -90 to have R on passenger side.

Outside of aiming how are they? Worth 185?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Outside of aiming how are they? Worth 185?
The driver side beam is lower and the passenger side beam is higher above cutoff...not sure it come with factory like that or the bulbs. I am pretty sure the bulbs are installed and aligned inside housing correctly. Someone can post a factory high beam at more than 25 feet to take a look? When driving in the dark it does not feel abnormal though. It's the shot against the wall that's off. Here's a shot on the road.

·
2020 best year
4,153 Posts
Driver side beams are usually aimed lower so they don't blind people(or blind them less in the case of high beams), while the passenger side is aimed higher so you could see signs more easily.

Also, not sure if I can call LED high beams an upgrade... Even the factory Touring LED high beams are not as good as the halogen high beams on other trims according to IIHS.

Reactions: tarheelz

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just received my set today and the connector piece that plugs into the wiring has 2 tabs to lock instead of 1 that is in the factory harness. Not sure what do to here. Please help!

·
Banned
36 Posts
You will waste time and lose efficiency with the high beams as LEDs. Nokya Hyper Yellow 65w bulbs with the plug-and-play Nokya upgraded wire harnesses in the 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T give you proper fog lights when needed and great high beams. I speak from what I see every time I drive her...and what I saw in torrential downpours and fog yesterday and last night...!

I just received my set today and the connector piece that plugs into the wiring has 2 tabs to lock instead of 1 that is in the factory harness. Not sure what do to here. Please help!
That is exactly why you don't buy stupid LEDs where halogens belong. Haha!

61 - 80 of 91 Posts