Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Banned
36 Posts
I didn't ask the question to get a nasty reply. If you don't have anything to add to the conversation, then I'd suggest you not respond at all.
Well okay then hombre. Here is a happy reply for you. If you wanted to buy LEDs you should have bought them from OPT7 and no one else because they never sent items that are not Plug and Play. There ya go. Hope you have a great day... :)!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well okay then hombre. Here is a happy reply for you. If you wanted to buy LEDs you should have bought them from OPT7 and no one else because they never sent items that are not Plug and Play. There ya go. Hope you have a great day... :)!
This still doesn't answer my question nor does it add any value to the thread.

For those of you who have installed these bulbs: Did yours come with 2 tabs on the connections to the factory wiring harnesses? I've emailed Lasfit for support but not sure if anyone else has come across this issue.

·
Registered
263 Posts
You will waste time and lose efficiency with the high beams as LEDs. Nokya Hyper Yellow 65w bulbs with the plug-and-play Nokya upgraded wire harnesses in the 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T give you proper fog lights when needed and great high beams. I speak from what I see every time I drive her...and what I saw in torrential downpours and fog yesterday and last night...!
I disagree with the ''will waste time and lose efficiency'', the Lasfit LED replacements I used are better than the halogen's they replaced in my opinion and I think most other people here who have done the same. I do agree with you that going with the hyper yellow bulbs has the additional ability to cut thru some fog and snow however true fogs use a wide spreading pattern that makes them better at that.

·
Banned
36 Posts
I disagree with the ''will waste time and lose efficiency'', the Lasfit LED replacements I used are better than the halogen's they replaced in my opinion and I think most other people here who have done the same. I do agree with you that going with the hyper yellow bulbs has the additional ability to cut thru some fog and snow however true fogs use a wide spreading pattern that makes them better at that.
If LED bulbs are ever needed I always have used OPT7 for their reliability and killer beam brightness. Thanks though for an educated response and have a killer day!

·
Registered
437 Posts
I didn't ask the question to get a nasty reply. If you don't have anything to add to the conversation, then I'd suggest you not respond at all.
Well okay then hombre. Here is a happy reply for you. If you wanted to buy LEDs you should have bought them from OPT7 and no one else because they never sent items that are not Plug and Play. There ya go. Hope you have a great day... ?!
Yeah i had Opt7 in my silverado and they were mediocre. I put up with them for a bit and then took them out

·
Accord, Panigale, Stryker
6 Posts
Upgraded high beams to 55w hid kit, 5000k.

WAY more output than drop-in LEDs.
I put HID’s on my last car (Altima) and they looked nice until the units rusted out ... I replaced them twice. The connections rusted out even with the rubber boots. They were also a pain to install ... These LED or others are the way to go ? If you do a side by side I’m sure they are very similar.
I’d put a 35w hid set beating an led set for lumen output and reach let alone a 55w set.

Driver side beams are usually aimed lower so they don't blind people(or blind them less in the case of high beams), while the passenger side is aimed higher so you could see signs more easily.

Also, not sure if I can call LED high beams an upgrade... Even the factory Touring LED high beams are not as good as the halogen high beams on other trims according to IIHS.
+1

·
Registered
2020 Accord Hybrid EX-L
63 Posts
I did this a few days ago. Honestly, the results were terrible compared to stock halogens.
Long in short, the LED throw too MUCH light in the near front area, while far from adequate in the upper front area where I rely on it to read road signs.

I’m now looking for 100W halogen replacements. After all, I don’t use high beam a lot so they would handle better than stock halogens.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I did this a few days ago. Honestly, the results were terrible compared to stock halogens.
Long in short, the LED throw too MUCH light in the near front area, while far from adequate in the upper front area where I rely on it to read road signs.
View attachment 521917
I’m now looking for 100W halogen replacements. After all, I don’t use high beam a lot so they would handle better than stock halogens.
9011 HIR might be worth a try. The filament burns much hotter (thus brighter) than halogen at the same power (60W) due to the IR reflective coating. The tabs need slight modification to fit in the 9005 socket. It's discussed here: New Accord owner, impressions and mod plans

It would be interesting to see a side-by-side comparison of stock and 9011 HIR if you decide to go this route.

·
Registered
2020 Accord Hybrid EX-L
63 Posts
9011 HIR might be worth a try. The filament burns much hotter (thus brighter) than halogen at the same power (60W) due to the IR reflective coating. The tabs need slight modification to fit in the 9005 socket. It's discussed here: New Accord owner, impressions and mod plans

It would be interesting to see a side-by-side comparison of stock and 9011 HIR if you decide to go this route.
Thanks for recommendation.
I’m trying Hella 100W high wattage bulbs. Will post some pictures once installed.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts