Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newb on the car audio thing, but I am about to upgrade the sub in my accord. I was thinking about adding a amp and finding a nice sub that will fit in the hole of the existing 'sub.' I know that I have to disable the anc by disconnecting the module but I wanted your suggestions/opinion in this sub that I picked out.
Will this sub fit in the existing hole? Also what are good brands of decent midlevel amps? One last question! When you people connected the amp in your 9th gen did you use the audio feed of the existing sub wire or did you use the left or right speaker wires?

·
Registered
426 Posts
I am a newb on the car audio thing, but I am about to upgrade the sub in my accord. I was thinking about adding a amp and finding a nice sub that will fit in the hole of the existing 'sub.' I know that I have to disable the anc by disconnecting the module but I wanted your suggestions/opinion in this sub that I picked out. http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-SWR-843D-Type-R-Subwoofer-4-Ohm/dp/B004X0V2Z0 Will this sub fit in the existing hole? Also what are good brands of decent midlevel amps? One last question! When you people connected the amp in your 9th gen did you use the audio feed of the existing sub wire or did you use the left or right speaker wires?
I have one almost identical to that model. That sub will not fit into hole of the factory sub because it is too thick around the cone so will have to do some cutting. I myself haven't had any noticeable ANC issues with my sub which I have paired with an Alpine Monoblock500 amp. Expect the rear deck to rattle against the rear window so I would advise you to use some sound absorption material in the rear deck and and in between the the rear brake light and the rear window. Lastly, the sub was feed using the existing sub wire and I am still able to control the sub through the head unit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts