Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone replaced there upper torque mount? I have a 1.5 and just installed the torque mount from the 2.0 mt. Been hearing good things about the results. Just wanting to know what I M supposed to torque the two bolts to? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
156 Posts
Just wondering if anyone replaced there upper torque mount? I have a 1.5 and just installed the torque mount from the 2.0 mt. Been hearing good things about the results. Just wanting to know what I M supposed to torque the two bolts to? Thanks for the help
How's the installation for this mod?

Do you need both rear and upper as a set?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great mod for all 1.5t owners

Here is a great mod for anyone with a 1.5t. Really keeps the car flat during acceleration and is a simple part to swap out.

Honda oem part #50880-TVC-A21

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting mod. Thanks for sharing. Do you notice any increased toughness during idle? Since the accord 1.5T doesn’t have a balance shaft like the 2.0T.
Hi. I didn’t notice any added roughness during idle. The change is great. It’s crazy how swapping that peice made a huge difference. Now when I take off from a stop it is flat and just pulls. It’s the best mod for the price.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
52 Ft-Lbs (recorded for posterity).

Are all the potential negatives known?

Vibration? (says no above).

Others?

Warranty on the car?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
52 Ft-Lbs (recorded for posterity).

Are all the potential negatives known?

Vibration? (says no above).

Others?

Warranty on the car?
It’s not a major change to the car. You are simply stiffening the engine movement. It will not change any other aspect. Remember the 2.0 comes with this which is attached to the same body. It’s not going to adversely effect any other aspects. However the change is great

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
It’s not a major change to the car. You are simply stiffening the engine movement. It will not change any other aspect. Remember the 2.0 comes with this which is attached to the same body. It’s not going to adversely effect any other aspects. However the change is great
I'm having real trouble figuring out what the dealer would claim affects the warranty if something goes wrong.

You know and I know and Bob knows that mod x won't cause problem y.

But once a Honda dealer says, "the evil that thou hath wrought causesth great pain to the engine and therefore the warranty tenets have been violated and we cast out your claim heretic!"

After that good luck.

"See you in court!".

Sure Wilbur.

Indeed the dealership "claim" could be made that the original mount designed for and delivered with the car was made to soak up vibration - by putting in a stiffer member[1] the vibration was not absorbed and the engine was damaged.

[1] : said the nun to the bishop.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol. I never put that much thought and worry into this kind of stuff. I know enough about cars to know what will and will not cause damage. This falls into the same catagory as why people choose certain brands of tires. Some use a harder compound for longer thread life but causes more vibrations in the vehicle. Will putting certain tire brands effect warranty? It honestly is not even a topic.

·
Registered
65 Posts
2.0AT here. Any benefit switching the AT for an MT mount?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Not really seeing a point... Sure the 1.5T mount doesn't look as beefy, but the 2.0 produces a lot more torque.

Buy a draggy and give us before and after 0-60's.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Lol. I never put that much thought and worry into this kind of stuff. I know enough about cars to know what will and will not cause damage.
That's not the issue. The issue is I make a claim because y broke. (Let's say the turbo).

The dealer says, "But you changed the torque doo-hickey."

"So what? Has nothing to do with it."

"Says you. In our opinion it caused the turbo to die. That'll be $1555.66 with tax please."

"That's BS! I'll see you in court!"

"Ok."

And I'd lose because it would never end and I'd have to produce an expert and they would produce three. (For that matter I don't know if small claims court here allows the claimant to produce an expert and/or if those costs can be added to the case...).

This is the sort of crap I worry about. Maybe I'm insecure.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol. I never put that much thought and worry into this kind of stuff. I know enough about cars to know what will and will not cause damage.
That's not the issue. The issue is I make a claim because y broke. (Let's say the turbo).
Yeah I wouldn’t think that much about it. Same goes for if you change your own oil. They can say you didn’t do it right. They can always make a claim. I don’t worry about that stuff and enjoy the car ??

Yeah I wouldn’t think that much

The dealer says, "But you changed the torque doo-hickey."

"So what? Has nothing to do with it."

"Says you. In our opinion it caused the turbo to die. That'll be $1555.66 with tax please."

"That's BS! I'll see you in court!"

"Ok."

And I'd lose because it would never end and I'd have to produce an expert and they would produce three. (For that matter I don't know if small claims court here allows the claimant to produce an expert and/or if those costs can be added to the case...).

This is the sort of crap I worry about. Maybe I'm insecure.
You can say that about any situation. Like if you change your own oil a dealer can say you caused some damage since they have no record of service. I have had this happen. I just enjoy the car and live life. ??

·
Registered
51 Posts
DISCLAIMER:

I just want to add a disclaimer that NVH is also dependent on your transmission. If you have an CVT/AT and you plan on adding a mount, you will get more NVH especially during IDLING (in gear such as at a light) vs. your manual counterpart. I see a lot of confused/frustrated people with this problem when they ask other users about this and they come to realize that the mount is shaking their cars more than they would like.

Just speaking from experience as I used to have innovative motor mounts on my 2004 TL (which were one of my favorite mods for the car, btw).

·
Registered
444 Posts
I did some reading last night after this thread and specifically noted all the NVH. Not for me... I see this being useful on a race car. Mine runs plenty good with the intake, RSB, lighter wheels and JB4 as a daily driver, can't justify potentially making the above worse... It drives and handles so good, I may not do anything else to it other than cosmetics.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I did some reading last night after this thread and specifically noted all the NVH. Not for me... I see this being useful on a race car. Mine runs plenty good with the intake, RSB, lighter wheels and JB4 as a daily driver, can't justify potentially making the above worse... It drives and handles so good, I may not do anything else to it other than cosmetics.
I may keep in touch with you about this. I'm planning on upgrading to hasports 62A's. I remember an instagram member upgraded his 1.5T upper mount to a 2.0T upper mount. I can't remember off the top of my head what transmission he has but he reported minimal increase. Something you may look into.

When I had it on the TL, it really made the car feel more connected and responded well to gas input, along with the eliminated wheel hop.

Reactions: gadgtfreek

·
Registered
444 Posts
Thanks. I mean if there is a benefit I can add without more vibration, I'm down.

·
Registered
38 Posts
No benefits noticed on 2.0AT. NVH did not get any worst either. Note there is a metal brace that connects the torque mount to engine. This has to be loosed to remove the mount. Also, the bushing is shorter on the manual transmission mount. I'll leave it for now.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts