Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hasport Upper Torque Mount for 2.0L 6MT- torque specs for mount bolts?

I'm about to install the Hasport CVUP upper torque mount on a 2019 2.0L 6MT and will need to remove the 2 torque mount center bolts (all are 14mm / 9/16 SAE).

Does anyone know what the specs are to re-tighten these bolts? Looks like some are going with 54 lb-ft when switching to the OEM 2.0 MT mount on a 1.5 engine, is this the same for 2.0 if going with the Hasport mount? The old B-series engines spec'd a 52 lb-ft for the bracket bolts and 43 lb-ft for the mount bolts.

·
Registered
38 Posts
From what Ive read and seen (youtube), is it correct that the 1.5t M/T and the 2.0t M/T use the same mount? This is really only an upgrade for non M/T cars right? Just hoping to confirm.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I'm still on the fence for this mod. ie: Does it really do anything for a 1.5L CVT's 'launch' or is it just wishful thinking? Is there a way to measure this (before and after) w/o resorting to hard acceleration?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm still on the fence for this mod. ie: Does it really do anything for a 1.5L CVT's 'launch' or is it just wishful thinking? Is there a way to measure this (before and after) w/o resorting to hard acceleration?
I did my 2019 Sport 1.5 cvt this afternoon. Paid $150.00 Canadian (About $105.00 USD) No difference in vibration at all, bolted right in np. Car just feels a little more connected. Less lag when you come on to it. Hard to describe, smoother it that makes sense......

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
@Chaisson1 glad you did the change, but I don't think I want to fork over $150 for something that can't be measurebated beyond a "feels"/"Hard to describe" ...

Please post your torque values for installation.

·
Registered
72 Posts
@Chaisson1 glad you did the change, but I don't think I want to fork over $150 for something that can't be measurebated beyond a "feels"/"Hard to describe" ...

Please post your torque values for installation.
Less tip in on throttle, smoother power delivery between simulated shifts using paddles......$150 isn't a lot of money in a land that premium is $4.80 a gallon and a pack of cigarette's is $19.00.........Torqued at 52lbs

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Stop smoking. Start vaping. Taper that down to 3 - 5 mg/ml then quit. Works.

Thanks for the torque. Where's camp? I'm near Montreal.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Know a set of twins Rob and Ron?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
@ace0001a I'm down on the concept, skeptical if there's a real performance difference between the plastic 1.5L link and the metal torque link.

·
Registered
29 Posts
@ace0001a I'm down on the concept, skeptical if there's a real performance difference between the plastic 1.5L link and the metal torque link.
Hehe, I know there's a little joking around back and forth here Alan no worries. With that said, I don't know if I'd spend that much either as Honda Juan on Youtube did a video on this and the price at that time was around $60 for the upper torque mount. Not to mention you guys up in "We the North", the exchange rate probably isn't very appealing right now. Not saying it's not worth it at that price, to each their own I say--but knowing the part was sold for around $60-$70 would also make me second guess doing for $105. On a side note that guy on Youtube does make me wonder if there's a way of gooping Polyurethane into the CVT 1.5T upper torque mount to make it stiffer...

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
^Take it out, mask the bolt holes, dip in epoxy to fill the ribs. Cure for 24 hours. Re-install.
Polyurethane would be too supple I think.
OTOH epoxy might crack.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Installed the hasport 62a mount on my 2at today. Cold start the vibrations are real, once warmed up there is not much. Just when you are in reverse or crossing about 1k rpm and then it feels the same as stock in that department.

Other than that I really like it, even for the price ($112 shipped I believe). As learning transmissions and living more in the country with 55 speed limits and stop signs mine shifts quick and compared to stock the shifts are much quicker and more firm. Feels absolutely great. Would buy again in a heart beat.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts