Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for info as if it can be done or not. I wanna swap the front end from the 06 accord with the one overseas. The headlights are shaped better and aren't the huge triangular shape like with the USA ones. I think the overseas ones have smaller dimensions so Idk if it would.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Sorry, but why would you even want to try such a thing? Different cars have different looks. IMO, it is a waste of money to attempt this.

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,028 Posts
I've been looking for info as if it can be done or not. I wanna swap the front end from the 06 accord with the one overseas. The headlights are shaped better and aren't the huge triangular shape like with the USA ones. I think the overseas ones have smaller dimensions so Idk if it would.
I would think that a decent '06 Acura TSX, and a Honda emblems swap would probably come out to around the same price no ?

Someone might correct me, but wouldn't this entale MAJOR fab work to the hood, quarter panels, fascia, mounting ; and electrial ... Anything can be done with the right amount of money.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I would think that a decent '06 Acura TSX, and a Honda emblems swap would probably come out to around the same price no ?

Someone might correct me, but wouldn't this entale MAJOR fab work to the hood, quarter panels, fascia, mounting ; and electrial ... Anything can be done with the right amount of money.
Yes, it would be much easier for OP to sell his Accord, buy a TSX, and swap the Acura emblems to Honda ones.

I know of many Integra Type-R and NSX owners who do this, and since a TSX is basically a rebadged European Accord Type S, it would make more sense to get a TSX if you like that look.

There are even threads on other forums from people who have done the TSX --> European Accord conversion
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1386986

·
Registered
657 Posts
Egzaktly! TSX is the same as European Accord. Getting a TSX would be a better option.

·
Carpe Diem
2,566 Posts

Ignore what most people in this thread have said. This level of conversion or modification isn't really what this site is accustomed to.

This is very possible. There are three or four people over on V6P that have full (or very close to full) JDM Inspire builds on their US Accord. It is very pricey as must parts need to be shipped from Japan but it is definitely doable and several people have done it to great success. Look up users ADI, toinkee69, turbo_holic, and Arielit0oo to name a few on V6P.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Like Ike said, it definitely is possible, but extremely pricey. You just need to buy all the parts (i.e hood, grill, fogs, bumper cover, and headlights.)

You need to have the hood in order to have the grill since the grill is shaped for that particular hood and is also bigger.

@ike: I've definitely noticed the level of conversion on DA is much lower then over at v6p. I only had my account for maybe an hour before I started noticing that lol

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,003 Posts
Ignore what most people in this thread have said. This level of conversion or modification isn't really what this site is accustomed to.

This is very possible. There are three or four people over on V6P that have full (or very close to full) JDM Inspire builds on their US Accord. It is very pricey as must parts need to be shipped from Japan but it is definitely doable and several people have done it to great success. Look up users ADI, toinkee69, turbo_holic, and Arielit0oo to name a few on V6P.
The OP isn't looking to do an Inspire conversion. Based on the comment about "the huge triangular shape" headlights, the OP is looking to do a Euro Accord conversion which is known as the TSX here in the U.S.

You're confusing the Honda Inspire

with the Euro Accord

Is such a conversion possible? Many things are, given the time and money. It will require a lot of fabrication work though since the width of the cars are different and none of the body panels/parts will line up easily like with an Inspire conversion

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
The TSX is pretty much the exact same car. I'd look to sell the Accord and buy a TSX.

·
Carpe Diem
2,566 Posts
The OP isn't looking to do an Inspire conversion. Based on the comment about "the huge triangular shape" headlights, the OP is looking to do a Euro Accord conversion which is known as the TSX here in the U.S.

You're confusing the Honda Inspire

with the Euro Accord

Is such a conversion possible? Many things are, given the time and money. It will require a lot of fabrication work though since the width of the cars are different and none of the body panels/parts will line up easily like with an Inspire conversion
Oh ok, if that is what he is talking about then I stand corrected. The "jap/euro" in the thread title is confusing.

So to sum it up for the OP:

US Accord -> JDM Inspire Accord = very doable with the right budget

US Accord -> Euro Accord (aka TSX) = a no go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sweet thanks for all the input. I really hate the headlight shape on my 06 accord. It bugs me everytime I see them. I guess its not really worth all the money and time to do it to this accord. Plus its my daily driven. Gotta save everything for the project car :p

·
Fear The Turtle!
1,883 Posts
I look at the 7th gen Accords compared to almost any other family sedan and can't help but think about how slippery (low drag coefficient) the shape is. Even the headlights were designed to aid in the low drag coefficient rather than being a thin, upright strip like most other competitors. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
03 accord coupe front to tsx front

was wondering if you could change the 03 accord coupe front to the 04 tsx front. (fenders hood, headlights and front bumper

·
Fear The Turtle!
1,883 Posts
was wondering if you could change the 03 accord coupe front to the 04 tsx front. (fenders hood, headlights and front bumper
Yes. I would estimate it will cost you at least $10,000 with the custom bodywork needed and it probably won't look right, but anything is possible.

It does not make any financial sense.

·
Legitimate hack
1,417 Posts
The thing that crosses my mind when I see questions like this are something like this:

Question is, why? If you wanted that front end, get the car that has the front end. That does not apply to the Japanese versions of vehicles we'll never see here in the states, btw. i.e. DC2 Integra, Honda Inspire, EK Civic Type R, etc. Way I see it, if you don't look back at your car each time you walk away from it, you bought the wrong damn car.

·
Registered
385 Posts
what about the 03 coupe front end switched with an tsx sedan front end.wouldn't it just be direct bolt on for the parts

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,028 Posts
what about the 03 coupe front end switched with an tsx sedan front end.wouldn't it just be direct bolt on for the parts
I'd venture to guess that the fenders, hood, and bumper/grill could be made to fit, along with the mounting of the headlights.

But it boils down to time, and money ... and parts ... and skill if you want it to look good.

Just buy a TSX and save yourself a world of headache.

·
Legitimate hack
1,417 Posts

1 - 20 of 20 Posts