Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which brand is best for iPod use in a gen7 accord?

I wanted to make this thread for everyone so include the best
for each different gen7 accords (coupe w/navi, sedan w/outnavi etc)

--My 03 Accord is a sedan with out navi and with dual zone climates.--
I want to control volume and track changes with steering wheel controls.
*Will USASPEC have the same installation technique as the blitzsafe?
*see here if you dont know what im talking about -> http://www.beaufordbuddy.com/ipod_install_1.htm

So the main question is - Which one should i go with??

-A reason why
-Sound Quality
-A link to purchase (if possible)
-Price
-Your experience with it

Thanks in Advance.:)

·
Boosted Sedan
1,823 Posts

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
Which brand is best for iPod use in a gen7 accord?

I wanted to make this thread for everyone so include the best
for each different gen7 accords (coupe w/navi, sedan w/outnavi etc)

--My 03 Accord is a sedan with out navi and with dual zone climates.--
I want to control volume and track changes with steering wheel controls.
*Will USASPEC have the same installation technique as the blitzsafe?
*see here if you dont know what im talking about -> http://www.beaufordbuddy.com/ipod_install_1.htm

So the main question is - Which one should i go with??

-A reason why
-Sound Quality
-A link to purchase (if possible)
-Price
-Your experience with it

Thanks in Advance.:)
The Audio & Electronics section features many discussions regarding iPods. See this thread and all your questions will be answered:
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40048

Since you have an '03 without an XM-Ready head unit, you cannot use the iSimple Kit. You can use the Blitzsafe, USASpec, or Dice Electronics Silverline or MediaBridge.

The Blitzsafe does not control the iPod. It only charges it and feeds audio to the stereo. You can only control the iPod from the iPod itself using the Blitzsafe kit. All others allow the stereo/steering wheel controls to control the iPod. Since you do not have an XM-ready stereo, the iPod will not display text on the stereo. Any kit you install will emulate an external CD changer. It depends what you want to do. If you want to control the iPod from the stereo, get either the USASpec, Dice Silverline or Dice MediaBridge.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've got the dice and it's been great. If you want to keep your factory XM you can use the USASpec; however, I have heard issues about not having full isolation while in ipod mode and the XM leaking through.

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
I've got the dice and it's been great. If you want to keep your factory XM you can use the USASpec; however, I have heard issues about not having full isolation while in ipod mode and the XM leaking through.
Interesting, I've never had XM leak through into my ipod channel with the USASpec.

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
Never heard that complaint either. Have only heard about static noise and/or units that were DOA.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I've got a USA Spec and the sound quality is fantastic. I don't think the instructions were bad at all, although the others might have better written ones. I just put all four switches to ON and plugged it in.

I was deciding between that and a Dice Silverline, but hillstones and others on the internet have had issues where the device became parasitic and drained the battery overnight. They also show text on screen as Album name then Artist, which is counter intuitive.

The USA Spec might have playlist support issues, but I use my iPhone in free mode most of the time. I don't care about text display because my car doesn't support it. You have a navi, so it's a tougher decision.

Do you go with USA Spec and deal with the playlist limitations?
Do you go with a costlier Dice unit that shows album name first and might drain your battery down the line as it has for others?
Do you take a risk with the newer Blitzsafe models that support iPod/iPhone control since not many have adopted it?

Think about whats important with you and go with that. There isn't a perfect kit out there for your particular car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts