Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 EX-L coupe and I am trying to decide which iPod/aux adapter I should use. I have looked at the threads and have narrowed it down to iSimple ISHD571 or USA Spec PA15-HON2. I have read both good and bad reviews about each product and have no clue which to buy. Any advice would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
426 Posts
I don't know too much about the iSimple as I have the USA spec one in my car. I like it. It charges it and can use the steering wheel controls and the sound is pretty amazing. I wish it would've came with the AUX cord as well but it's alright. I like it and had it for about 2-3 years.

·
Registered
204 Posts
i ended up going with the USA Spec i also did some serious research not only on this forums but on others aswell I've had it for about a year now and i like it, can control from steering wheel, title comes up on the screen and also has the output for RCA which comes in handy when you dont want to charge your phone or if other passengers have a different phone.

·
Roll Tide!
6,793 Posts
Did you really think you are going to get any different advice than what you've already read? Seriously, bro, you are over thinking this. They do the same thing. They install the same way. They are both good. They both cost about the same. Honda dealers and online Honda stores sell the USA Spec, as if that matters.

Now that it's lunchtime, do you need help picking out what meat from the fridge you should put on your sandwich? Get my drift, bro? ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have tried both in my 2004.

They are the same...but not the same. There were annoyances that I didn't like about the iSimple. Both easy to install

Ended up with the USA Spec and I don't regret it.
I think the sound is a tad better too.

Only wish they had a cord with the lighning plug on it as I had to shell out another $40 for an adapter for the end of the cord. But this works, as I can still unplug the adapter when I want to plug in my old iPod or someone elses older iPhone.

·
07 Honda Accord EX-L V6
286 Posts
i have the USASpec. Probably had more difficulty getting the panels off without scratching than the actual install.

i changed mine a bit and went from a RCA to 3.5 male => 3.5mm female adaptor that is mounted on the corner of my not an ash tray so i can plug in a 3.5 cable =P i can unplug the cable. if u didnt know it was there, u would never see it :D

clear sound. works great.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I have a dice silverlite if you want to purchase it. It will not work with my iphone 5 but will work with anything below that with the wide charger plug. I have the adapter that adapts the newer small plug to the wider one and still charges but will no longer play via the radio. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
426 Posts
You remove center cubby and look for the plug underneath radio. Mount where you want the said device and run your wires how you want. Re-install center cubby. plug up your phone and jam out!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts