Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having issues finding flash drives that will work in my Accord, I thought i would start a list of compatible flash drives to save others the headache.

I have not been able to find any USB 3.0 drives that will be recognized by the system. It makes no sense to me since USB 3 should be backwards compatible to USB 2. Any USB 3 drive I have tried shows as Unsupported. To verify when i go into the Infotainment center diagnostic mode, go to the unit screen and then USB, it will show the brand and other info for a USB 3 drive but not the total capacity and available capacity like it does for the USB 2 drives i have tried. This might just be the 3 drives i have tried and not tied to them being USB 3, which would make more sense.

For every drive i have tried i have formatted in FAT32 using the HP USB Disk Tool (Windows 10 will not format drives in FAT32 natively). I have tried other USB formatting tools, done quick formats and full formats and even tried formatting using a Linux Live bootup, i still can not get any USB 3 drives recognized in my Accord. I even did a factory reset of the radio to rule everything out. My car is only a week old.

I have an EX-L 2.0T with Audio System version 18AA-1863-001

One nice thing i did find out is that FLAC is fully supported, ID3 tags are read and indexed, which is not documented in manual. WMA Lossless is also working along with normal MP3's. I have not tried AAC yet.

Working USB Flash Drives
SANDISK Cruzer Glide Flash Drive 64GB USB 2.0 - user: thehater
SANDISK Cruzer Glide Flash Drive 32GB USB 2.0 - user: thehater
SanDisk 32GB Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive - SDCZ430-032G-G46 - user: bauerdb
Samsung 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Fit (MUF-64BB/AM) - user: MattyMatt

USB Flash Drives not working
SANDISK Cruzer Ultra Flash Drive 64GB USB 3.0 - user: thehater
SanDisk - Ultra Fit 128GB USB 3.0 Type A Flash Drive Model:SDCZ43-128G-A46 - user: thehater
Samsung 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Fit (MUF-128BB/AM) - user: thehater

Ill keep this updated if anyone wants to add any working or non working drives.

I am still looking for a 128 or 256GB drive. Ill probably order a SanDisk USB 2.0 drive from Amazon and see if it works. In a perfect world id prefer a low profile USB 3 drive, but its not looking like that is going to happen.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sandisk cruzer fit 32GB (usb 2.0) works.

Also happy to discover that .m3u playlist files are read & added. Although the play order is correct for some playlists it isn't for others but content seems to be correct.

Display shows playlist name, track name & artist.

·
Registered
19 Posts
USB not recognized

My 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T I just bought 1 week ago, doesn't recognize any USB flesh drive . I tried NTFS and FAT32 as well. I tried both USB ports. It recognized the flesh drive, but when you want to play a song or anything or even upload some pictures to the wallpaper, it shows No USB drive available. At the local dealer we tried at several Honda Accord, all same results. Please help me out how to use flesh drives . Thank you

·
Banned
37 Posts
My 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T I just bought 1 week ago, doesn't recognize any USB flesh drive . I tried NTFS and FAT32 as well. I tried both USB ports. It recognized the flesh drive, but when you want to play a song or anything or even upload some pictures to the wallpaper, it shows No USB drive available. At the local dealer we tried at several Honda Accord, all same results. Please help me out how to use flesh drives . Thank you
flesh drives...are they like the lights...except they drive themselves?

?

the best way is to wipe the drive completely to a raw non-partitioned state, create a partition that occupies the entire drive in the FAT32 format, and then you should have no issues. I am running a SanDisk 256GB USB 3.1 Ultra Fit with no issues of any sort. if that doesn't work then I recommend seeing if any software updates are available for you vehicle and then the dealer if there are none showing. give me a shout if that doesn't work and I can run some more ideas by you and see what I can do to help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
flesh drives...are they like the lights...except they drive themselves?

?

the best way is to wipe the drive completely to a raw non-partitioned state, create a partition that occupies the entire drive in the FAT32 format, and then you should have no issues. I am running a SanDisk 256GB USB 3.1 Ultra Fit with no issues of any sort. if that doesn't work then I recommend seeing if any software updates are available for you vehicle and then the dealer if there are none showing. give me a shout if that doesn't work and I can run some more ideas by you and see what I can do to help.
I formated it of course entirely in FAT32, but still doesn’t work . Good news is that I just tried a small 8Gig Kingston drive and that is working !!
I think the size of my 64 Gig SanDisk was the problem ?

·
2018 Touring 2.0t
66 Posts
I recently bought a Patriot Supersonic Rage 2 - 256GB for another application, and used paragon's disk manager to create the FAT32 partition for the whole 256GB, and it works great.

This is a fast USB 3.1 stick so I was happy to see that work.

One quick note: I tested this on the Color Audio deck - its a rental car while Honda is doing some things on my Touring, which uses the Display Audio deck. So I know it works on the Color Audio. Can't imagine why it won't work on the other as well, but just wanted to make note of that here.

When I get my car back I'll verify that its working with both just to be sure.

Here is the link to the stick I use:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=9SIAEFP6R55179

·
2018 2.0 Touring RRM
79 Posts
I have a Patriot USB 3 drive that works perfectly fine. I connect it through this flexible dongle, per the advice in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This works, I have bought two. Samsung 32GB BAR (METAL) USB 3.0 Flash Drive (MUF-32BA/AM). I would like to try Samsung's 256 gb 3.1 but not sure if it will work based on what others have written. I just want a plug and play as I don't know how to do "partioning" and other types of things people write about.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This works, I have bought two. Samsung 32GB BAR (METAL) USB 3.0 Flash Drive (MUF-32BA/AM). I would like to try Samsung's 256 gb 3.1 but not sure if it will work based on what others have written. I just want a plug and play as I don't know how to do "partioning" and other types of things people write about.
If your looking for a 256GB drive, this one worked. SanDisk 256GB Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive - SDCZ430-256G-G46. It comes formatted in FAT32 so its ready to go.

I was going to keep the top of the post updated but it looks like editing of posts if locked after a few days

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you.

If your looking for a 256GB drive, this one worked. SanDisk 256GB Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive - SDCZ430-256G-G46. It comes formatted in FAT32 so its ready to go.

I was going to keep the top of the post updated but it looks like editing of posts if locked after a few days
Thank you!!! I will try that. If it works, you are a life saver as I just want a plug and play; something easy. Thank you! Sean

·
Registered
31 Posts
does anybody have any issues with their USB Drive Heating up? I've started to use a 32 GB and after an 1.5 hour drive, i was really hot when i took it out off the slot.

·
Banned
37 Posts
does anybody have any issues with their USB Drive Heating up? I've started to use a 32 GB and after an 1.5 hour drive, i was really hot when i took it out off the slot.
That is standard for any USB drive that is under a continuous data access condition as the one plugged in is. Thanks for the great inquiry and have a killer day!

·
2018 2.0 Touring RRM
79 Posts
I am using this 128gb Samsung with no problems. I had previously used a Patriot 64gb USB 3, also with no problems. It was only $34 when I bought it, though.

It's not really a problem but the larger drive takes a bit longer "loading..." after starting the car. No surprise with the thousands of files on it

1 - 20 of 46 Posts